Chapter 9: He will never change...

Heaven’s Calling Chapter 9- He Will Never Change

(Lana’s POV)

Tam and I are going to hang out for the day and reminisce about our love lives. We head to the mall and buy her a new wardrobe. We stop at stores like Hot Topic, Blackheart, Limited, Forever 21, etc…  We stop and grab a bite to eat at the food court before heading back to my car and heading back to Ashley’s place. On the way back, I am going through the light when, in an instant, I feel my car get hit on the driver’s side and the car goes tumbling down the road. I feel myself slip and everything turns dark…

(2 hours later) (Ashley’s POV)

I am sitting at home with CC hanging out with me when I hear my home phone begin ringing.  I go over to the socket and pick the phone up.

“Hello, may I ask who’s calling?” A woman’s voice answers on the other side; “Ah, yes, are you a Mr. Ashley Purdy?”  I clear my throat, “Yes, ma’am I am. What can I do for you?”

She takes a deep breath and sighs… “I am calling in regards to a Miss Lana Bouchard… you were the 1st contact we could call…” My heart begins pounding out of my chest as I answer, “I am her boyfriend, what happened to her?” “Well, Mr.Purdy… according to her record on file she was hit in a car accident and is in a coma right now… she had quite a bit of head trauma and many lacerations (cuts).” I hang up and yell to CC, “We need to go, man… Tam and Lana were in a car wreck…”

He didn’t need to be told twice and ran out along with me to my car and head to the hospital.  We arrive and are taken to their room (Tam and Lana are sharing a room).  The Doctor comes into the room and clears his throat. “Are you two Ashley Purdy and Christian Mora?”  We nod our heads and he immediately reponds again, “Well Miss Bouvier shall be fine. She had no injures…” CC sighs in relief at this news; but I am anxious to know how Lana is so I but in, “How is Lana?” 

He gives me a solemn look and replies sadly, “It is very hard to tell if and when she will wake up, she had major lacerations across her head and stomach, as well as many contusions (bruises) on her arms, legs, chest, and back from being thrown out of the vehicle. I hope she does wake up… If and when she does, she may not remember much of her life presently…” hearing these words broke my heart. I couldn’t handle it and stormed out of the hospital.  I ran down the street with tears falling down my face.

2 days later (Lana’s POV)

I wake up to find myself in the hospital and don’t remember anything… A young nurse walks into the room and smiles gently at me. “Oh wonderful, sweetie, you’re awake…” I smile at her and say, “Yeah, how did I get here?” She looks at me and answers, “You were in a terrible accident… it seems you lost your short term memory temporarily for about 2 months…”  I hear heavy footsteps come into the room and feel a pair of heavily tattooed arms hugging me.  “Oh Lana, I heard you were awake, I’m so relieved…” I look up at him and freak out; “WHO ARE YOU?! NURSE, PLEASE ESCORT HIM OUT OF THE ROOM!” Ashley looks at me incredulously and chokes out “Lana, it’s me baby, Ashley. You’re boyfriend. Don’t you remember me?” “No I don’t!” I reply “Now please leave or I will have you escorted out…” Ashley turns on his heels and leaves the room.  Now I kind of get a feeling that it wasn’t the smartest thing to do… I heave a sigh.