Chapter 20: Dress Shopping and Fittings

Heaven's CallingChapter 20- Dress Shopping and Fittings

(Lana's POV)

Finally, the day has arrived! The day I get to buy MY perfect dress for the wedding of my dreams to the most amazing man on this planet; my fiancé Ashley. I wake up and get dressed in this outfit. (In the external link; there are other outfits as well, and those links will be in the comments below).

I scribble a quick note and set it on Ash's nightstand; kissing his forehead softly, grabbing my car keys and head out to my pink Maserati, driving down to meet the girls at the bridal store. When I arrive, I notice Tam and Mae both are already there and they hug me tight, extremely happy that I am tying the knot to the man I love more than words could ever describe. A few minutes later Juliet and Ella arrive and hug me like Tam and Mae did, excited to get to help me pick out the dress I'll wear on my wedding dress. We all head into the store and are met with a kind-hearted middle-aged woman named Denise Demuccio.

We begin looking through the racks and pulling out what felt like hundreds of dresses, trying each one of them on. After coming out and showing off probably the 100th dress I've tried on, is when I notice a GORGEOUS long sleeved lace gown with a collar and satin bodice underneath, followed by a flowing satin-material skirt. I grab it off the rack and head back to try it on. Once I am in the dressing room, the sales associate helps me into the dress, zipping it up slowly. I turn around and almost immediately begin to feel the waterworks making its way down my cheeks. The dress is everything I could've wanted; it has that old country charm with the beautiful Chantilly lace, long sleeves, and almost completely covers all of my feminine assets.

We both head out, myself in front heading out to the pedestal to stand on and show off the beautiful dress to my friends. As soon as they see me, they all begin crying in happiness saying that this is my dress, and I nod in acceptance as no other dress would've compared to it. I ask Tam to take a picture of me in it and send it to Ashley from my phone; asking for his opinion. A few minutes later, Tam says he responded back: "You look absolutely beautiful and you always will in my eyes; if that is your dress, get it; the cost doesn't matter to me. All that matters to me is your complete and utter happiness."

I squeal out involuntarily and tell the sales associate that this is the dress, without a single piece of doubt in my mind. Ella then brings over a veil and gently sets it in my hair, smiling kindly at me as I look at it by turning my head back to notice it is pure Chantilly lace like my dress. After I have changed clothes, the girls then head downstairs to the bridesmaids department and begin rummaging through the racks to find dresses in the colors I have chosen— mint green and chocolate brown.

Tam finds a gorgeous mint-green colored gown with a beaded bodice, and a handkerchief-layered skirt that I find to be very different, yet unique. She finds a matching pair of earrings and crystal-covered shoes to match her whole ensemble. As for Mae, Juliet, and Ella they decide on long chocolate brown halter-neck style gowns, beaded bodice, and straight skirt bottoms. They find a matching pair of pumps and earrings to complete their looks. I pay for all of the dresses to be altered to fit us and make our next appointment for the final fittings 5 months from now, as the wedding will be in a total of 7 months from now.

*Skipping 5 months later to the day of the final fittings*

It's been 5 months since we walked into that bridal store, and now Ashley, my bridal party, and I all are back for the final fittings before Ashley's and my wedding in just two short months. They first take me back to try on my dress, making sure it is completely fitted for the big day. Once I am in the room, I quickly undress and step into my dress, feeling the zipper completely close up and the top of the dress is buttoned together. I turn around to look in the mirror, and smile as my dress fits perfectly. I then head out and show it off to everyone.

Once they see me, they immediately hug me in pure happiness. Ashley stands up and smiles wide, seeing me in my dream dress. He pulls out what looks to be a shoebox, and opens it revealing a beautiful set of white cowboy boots. I look up at him and he smiles saying, "These can be your something borrowed, they belong to my cousin Christie, but she was extremely kind enough to let you borrow them for our wedding."

(A/N: I don't know if he has any cousins named Christie in real or not; but for the sake of this story, he does.) "Thank you, baby. I'll be sure to take great care of them until after our wedding." He kisses my cheek in a loving manner and I smile happily, glad to be getting my happily ever after with the man I love more than anything in this whole wide world. I look forward to becoming Mrs. Ashley Purdy.

(A/N: Hey everyone, so sorry this Chapter is so short. I PROMISE that the next one will be MUCH longer, as it is the wedding! I look forward to writing this next chapter, but hang tight, as it will be a while before it will be put up.)