Chapter 3: Finding each other after so long... only to split up once more.

Heaven’s Calling Chapter 3: Finding each other after so long… only to split up once more.

Ashley’s POV:

I notice Ali look over at me halfway through the show mouthing something to me, but I can’t decipher what she is saying.  I go to grab a water bottle from side stage, when she grabs my arm.

“Ashley,” she begins. “I saw Lana standing out in the audience just a few minutes ago…” and then looks back out towards the audience again. I follow her gesture and see the one person I’ve been longing to see for years again, my best friend (and the love of my life) standing out in the audience, Lana. 

She is as beautiful as I remember her to be… long blonde hair down to her hips, braided to one side and wearing leather pants, an Ashley Purdy Inc. top, cropped leather jacket and cowboy boots along with, wait… my cowbot hat?  How did she get that?  She must have had it after I left that day so long ago… weird.

I get back up on stage and continue playing looking over in Lana’s direction the entire time. Andy notices this and gives me a questioning look about it, and I give him a nod telling him I will tell him after the show. He nods in recognition before continuing singing.

**After the Show** (still in Ashley’s POV)

         As soon as the show ends, I rush outside to try and find Lana, grabbing Ali’s hand because she is helping me find her.  I rush out of the door when I feel myself bump into someone, knocking them on the ground and they yell out, “Hey! Watch where you going, jerk!” I look down and see the face I’ve been missing for so long.  “Lana,” I squeak out, afraid of what she might say back to me.  She looks up at me with hatred in her eyes before screaming at me, “Ashley Abrockett Purdy! How dare you speak to me you ass!  You have some nerve after hurting me the way you did! You left me behind, not even a backwards glance to say goodbye!” She hits me on the chest, but it doesn’t faze me in the slightest before she continues her rant “I HATE YOU! DON’T EVEN SPEAK TO ME! YOU BROKE MY HEART AND MY TRUST!” I pull her in for a hug, as she protests against me, hitting me on the chest and then crying into my shoulder.

I rub her back soothingly and then do something I never thought possible would happen… I pull her face up to look at mine and leave a chaste kiss on her lips telling her how much I missed seeing her gorgeous face and hearing her melodic voice.  She rubs my cheek in return, before telling me she has to get back to her hotel, and writes her cell number down and handing it to me.  She kisses my cheek and walks away.  Ali clears her throat behind me and smirks before pulling me back to the bus, and I swear I felt my heart beating against my ribs inside my chest. If only I could get Lana to be mine. If only…

**Later that night**

I get back home and find an irate Chrissy sitting on the couch and she charges at me screaming at the top of her lungs.

“ASHLEY ABROCKETT PURDY! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!  YOU KISSED THAT TRAMP! I HATE YOU!” She slaps me hard and I grab her arms and hoist them in the air kissing her roughly and she wraps her arms and legs around me kissing me back.  I take her to our bedroom and tear the clothes off her body as well as mine before pushing into her, with her moaning underneath me, arching her back into my body and clutching me, and pushing her fingers into my back. We spend the whole night having make up sex and then fall asleep.  I think I may just dump her.  She’s starting to get on my nerves…