{Old} Chapter 4: Halloween? Day of the Departed? Secrets?

Posted on: 11/1/19

Time line Dates: 10/31-11/1

Finished: 7/25/19

⚠️Unedited

Word count: 8163

This was suposed to be a short chapter because this is meant to be a Christmas book lol. But the dates overlapped with Halloween so here we are. Prepare for feels.

Also, thank you for being so patient. Yes, my dog passed away due to cancer. It sill feels like a joke and not right to come home after school without her. Her birthday is next week too so....

Fyi... I am an actual junior in Highschool (lmao, I'm so old compared to alot of people in the fandom) so I know what I'm talking about. But if you ever need highschool or middle school help, my private messages are always open.

Y/N's P.O.V

Today was Halloween. However, here it's called Day of the Departed. It's more of a professional holiday here, almost exactly like Dia de los Muertos. Unlike almost everyone, I didnt have a dead person in my family to celebrate, and if I did I wouldnt because of obvious reasons. And this holiday was also for spending time with family. But there was also trick or treating. There was just alot going on. We we're sitting at the lunch table, Kai and Nya were in a heavy argument over some stupid sibling shit again. Cole added sarcastic comments and continued to listen to music. Jay and Zane didnt really say anything, probably to scared to get in the crossfire. And me and Lloyd just laughed occasionally at them.

It continued until the bell rang for the next period. And Nya ranted about it while we walked to 6th. I just shook my head at her.

"I just dont get it. How can one be so stupid." She groaned.

"That stupid is your brother." I teased. She just groaned again. We both sat down in our seats and waited for the other students to pile in.

"Anyway. Are you coming trick or treating with us?" She asked taking out her notebook.

"Uhh, arent we a little old for that. Plus no offense but I dont think anyone is gonna give us candy." I said.

"Oh. We just walk around really. Dress up and have fun. We go to our own homes and celebrate our lost ones, then we all meet up and go out. We should totally match tonight!" She said.

"Ok, ok. I have just the idea." I smirked.

🐲🖤🐲

Me and Lloyd were sitting in class waiting for the bell to ring. We honestly shouldn't of even had school today. No one did anything. Just Halloween crafts and Halloween related activities. I got corrected everytime I didnt say Day of The Departed. I'm going to continue to say Halloween though because Day of The Departed was so long. Me and Lloyd were playing a card game called Gin. Lloyd was really smart and this game was mostly strategy, with a hint of luck. I was sure I was gonna win till he put his card upside down. I groaned. He just layed out his cards. He had diamond Jack, Queen, King run. A set of three 7's. And last all 4 aces.

"Damn you! I needed that Ace of Hearts and I would have won!" I said slamming my cards on the table in frustration. He just laughed.

"I have good strategies." He said as he shuffled the cards.

"No. I'm not playing and losing again. Let's just play war. That way I have a 50% chance." I grumbled. "I have been undefeated in that game and you and your smart ass come around and ruin my streak."