Chapter Nineteen

Começar do início

I stand up from the couch Liam and I are sitting on to go sit next to Louis. I put an arm around his broad shoulders, and he leans into me.

He's shaking.

Liam's watching us closely, and for a second, I think he knows. What happened in our room. I think he knows Louis kissed me.

But that's impossible.

Nobody was there.

And then I have to shake it off, forget about the kiss, and focus on Louis. My friend needs my help.

And right now, he's just my friend.

He misses Harry, and I wish I could . . . I know it's cliché, but I wish I could take away the pain. I wish I could just wish Harry here and he would be, and he'd be okay.

Because wherever Harry is, he's not okay.

He would've been back if he was okay.

It's been a week. Harry would have found us. There's something stopping him from finding us. But I can't figure it out.

I look up, and Liam is still watching us.

How is this not getting to him?

Every time I stop to think, I worry about Niall and Zayn and Harry.

This is worse then losing Delaney. Because I haven't lost Niall and Zayn and Harry yet. At least . . .

I knew Delaney was free.

Wherever she is now has to be better then Allison's.

But my friends . . . they're suffering now.

I didn't think there was anything worse then watching someone die. Watching them die and not being able to do anything about it.

I was wrong.

Watching someone you love suffer is worse.

-

Louis

All I can think of is the last time we were here. Lavender met us at the door that time. Harry was here. I had a bagel. Harry and I kept making fun of Lavender without actually saying anything to her face. We were friends. He was here.

Harry was here.

And now I have no idea where he is.