Chapter 9 (Edited)

I stayed in my office after Judah had left, moving a hand through my hair. I closed my eyes and sighed, thinking of all that I had to do before my sudden death. "And that's going to be fun," I said, sarcastically.  I stood, knowing that I had pick up the glass.

There was a knock on my door, and the door opened to show that it was Mike and Marvis, two members of the band with Jeff and Cal. "Can we come in?" Mike asked, softly.

I nodded my head. "Sure," I replied. I gestured to the glass that was still on the floor. "Just be careful."

Marivs hopped onto Mike's back, making me raise an eyebrow until I saw that he had no shoes on. "Mush," he said, teasingly to Mike.

Mike rolled his eyes, but a smile flickered on his face as he walked forward, being careful of the glass. "Should I be worried?" he asked as he set down Marvis and looked at me, concern filling his eyes.

Mike and Marivs were an odd pair, so no wonder they got along well with each other. Not only did they look differently, they acted differently, also.

Mike was what people would call the shy, booksy nerd, who doesn't really talk to anyone, except for Marvis. He usually stayed in the library, if he wasn't playing his instruments with the band.

Marivs, on the other hand, was loud and obnoxious. He didn't really follow orders well, and both of us had scars from the many scrimmages, that wouldn't heal quickly. Marvis actually was quite calmer with Mike, and he got Mike out of his shell.

With ranks, Marvis, as we can guess was a Warrior Wolf while Mike was a just Regular Wolf. So yep, they were different like night and day.

Like I said before, Mike and Marvis also looked differently from each other. Mike, unlike Marivs, had straight blonde hair, with a small bit sticking out of the back. Mike had blue eyes, that seemed to smile a little all the time. Yes, Mike was strong, but he really wasn't that strong. He stood at 6'3, and his skin was partial light but grew tan in the summer.

Marivs, unlike Mike, had curly red hair that seemed to make him a taller than he actually was. He also had blue eyes, but they were darker than Mike's and had a small mischievous glint in them. Like Mike, he stood at 6'3 but was pale as a ghost. Also like Mike, he was strong.

"Ember?" Marivs asked, raising an eyebrow when I didn't answer. A frown on his face told me that he had been calling my name out for some time.

"Hmm?" I asked, looking up at him. "Oh sorry," I said, comprehending the question that Mike had asked. "I guess I kind of zoned out. I shouldn't have-" I yawned. "-gotten to bed late." I didn't say that I was up from wondering what was going to happen.

"It's all right," Mike said. "I was wondering if I should be worried about the glass on the floor."

I shook my head. "No," I said. "I just threw the glass at the door after I had drank some Champagne." I gestured towards the bottle that was still on the desk, along with the glass that Judah had drank from.

Mike raised an eyebrow, also. "You're not drunk. Are you?"

I shook my head. "Fully aware of my surroundings," I replied. "I only had a few sips. The rest is on the door."

Marvis gestured to the door. "What? Did you throw it at the door when Judah left? Did you pretend it was his head?"

I held my hands up as if to say guilty. "Yes," I said. "I thought it was his head, so I threw the glass at the door. I wanted to throw it at his head, making him unconscious."

"And the glass shattered."

"Shattered to a million pieces," Marvis agreed.

I shook my head and smiled. "Enough of that," I said. "Now, why is it that you are here? If it is to ask what is going on, then the door is right there, and I'm sure that you can get out yourself."

"Actually," Marvis said after Mike had jabbed him in the ribs, to get him talking to me. "We were wondering if Mike and I could go out tonight to eat." He looked down. "It's an important date," he muttered.

I raised an eyebrow, wondering if I should go hard on them or not. "All right," I said, not really in the mood to go hard on them. I guess I was a little too tired.

"It's our- wait what did you say?" Marvis asked, looking up at me, surprised.

Mike nodded his head, catching on what I had said. "Thank you, Alpha," he said. "You should probably get some rest, so we'll leave." He grabbed hold of Mavis and started to lead him out of the room.

I nodded my head in thanks. "Tell Talu to come in and wake me up a quarter till five," I called after them. "Oh, and please close the door."

"Of course, Alpha," Mike said as he closed the door to Mavis's complaining about what I had said.

A small smirk appeared on my lips, as I went and picked up the broken glass. I was very surprised that they didn't stay and try to fight me on what I was hiding from everyone. I was especially surprised that Marvis didn't stay. I shook my head, throwing the pieces away, before putting something over the champagne, to get it up.

I sighed and shifted into wolf form, before going into a corner and closing my eyes.

Tomorrow I had school, but I didn't think that it was that important, since I was trying to survive with whatever was going to happen with Judah. Let's just hope that I was ready for whatever challenge he was going to have me face, even if it meant that I was to kill my mother.