two - acquaintance

My eyes flickered open. The first thing I saw was the ceiling, of course. I was still lying on the cold ceramic floors of the mini-market. My brain started to recollect itself after a few seconds and it all came back to me.

How long did I pass out? Did they rob the store when I was unconscious? I didn't have the energy to come up with more conclusions.

I've missed a couple meals here and there occasionally. But that was only because I had to pay for my tuition fees. If I ate three times a day the money won't be enough. I had to pay rent as well, and a roof over a head in South Korea is not an easy thing to have.

"Hyung, she's awake!" I heard a male voice almost echo against the walls beside me.

Before I knew it one of the men earlier knelt beside me and examined my face with worry in his eyes. Since it was the only thing I can see that's not covered.

I lifted my body up with both of my trembling hands only to have my self stumble back to the ground.

"Be careful," he said as he helped me sit properly.

I nodded a few times and adjusted my eyesight to the bright room. One of them was standing in front of the glass doors with one hand tapping anxiously on the handle and one holding his phone up his ear.

"Manager hyung isn't picking up." he looked a bit frustrated. He took his hat off and combed his hair while tilting his head back.

Woah, now you gotta tell me what shampoo you're using.

"Are you okay?" the guy kneeling in front asked.

"I'm fine," I set a reassuring smile on my face. But I guess my body wasn't coordinating with me today. I could barely stand up by my own.

I was at work and I can't afford to lose this job. So I used every force I had left in my body and stood up. I was trying my best to make myself look presentable, yet I knew they weren't really buying it.

"I'm fine now, thanks." I flashed a quick smile.

After scanning and clicking on the register, the blonde guy started to search for something in his pockets. It seemed like he didn't find what he was looking for as he grunted in frustration.

"You forgot the cash, didn't you?"

The bleach haired man left without even trying to say a word.

"It's okay, our place isn't that far away from here." the guy pulled down his mask and smiled at me.

I stayed silent while nodding a few times, still preserving my energy for other more useful activities.

He took his bucket hat off too, revealing his face. He looked like he was anticipating something from me but held it to himself. The only thing I knew was that it was really hot. I've never questioned someone's style of clothing. But that much fabric in this weather?

I mean he is pretty good looking. His face was so symmetrical. He had big eyes and a big nose too, which I found a bit funny. It made him look like a bunny, especially when I discovered that his two front teeth were bigger than the rest.

"Why are you-" he stuttered.

I looked away with redness on both of my cheeks. I didn't realize I was staring.

"Sorry," I apologized.

"No big deal." he locked eyes with me a for a few seconds until he felt his phone vibrate.

"You don't happen to know me right?"

I shook my head and he raised one of his eyebrows like he was confused.

"I'm Jungkook,"

"Ahra, Song Ahra." I took his hand that was hanging in front of me, waiting to meet mine.

I don't know when, but he suddenly looked so... suspicious? Almost like he expected something from me. And how he acted was just adding up more points to my list of 'people to be aware to'.

"So... What's with this sudden introduction?"

He smirked. Right in front of my weak ass body still processing those damn slow pills. He's one attractive guy alright.

"Let's be friends."