Chapter 13: The Morning After

"Audrey, breakfast is ready!" 

I roll over and stretch my arms above my head, letting out a groan. I'm so sore. Rubbing my eyes, I look over to Jack. 

Shit. Jack's here. In my bed. 

I reach over and shake his shoulder. His eyes slowly bat open and a smile creeps upon his mouth. He moves over to me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Good morning, baby girl," he whispers, kissing my cheek.

"Jack, my parents are home," I hiss.

His eyes widen and he springs up, totally awake now.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to sleepover. I thought I would leave before they got home but laying next to you was so nice, I completely forgot," he panics, running his hands through his hair and rubbing his face. He stands up, pulling on his pants and his t-shirt. He lifts up the blankets, looking for his hoodie. I point to my chair. He smiles, shaking his head knowing he's acting crazy.

"Stressing isn't gonna help, babe. Sit," I reach for him. 

He pulls on his red Nebraska hoodie and sits at the end of my bed. His eyebrows are furrowed and he's shaking his leg.

"Hey, calm down. I'll just tell them you came over really early today for a run," I say calmly, wrapping my arm around his shoulders.

"Aud, my car was here all night. It was here when they got home," he shakes his head, putting it in his hands. 

"Okay, well. I guess all we can do is just go downstairs with confidence. You're my boyfriend. There's nothing to hide," I said.

Jack lifts his head and looks at me with a goofy smile.

"What?" I say, standing up and walking over to my dresser. I grab a pair of jeans and a sweater and pull them on.

"You called me your boyfriend," he walks over to me, smiling shyly. 

"Aren't you?" I ask, twisting my hair into a bun.

He wraps his fingers around my hip, pressing them into me and turning me around. I look up and he's smirking. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his heavenly jawline.  He slips his hands in my back pockets and squeezes. I kiss him lightly on the lips and step away from our embrace. I walk into my bathroom and wash my face. I apply mascara and brush my teeth.

"Shit. Do you have an extra one?" Jack asks, looking at me with his puppy dog eyes.

"You do smell," I laugh and point to the drawer on the right. He opens it and pulls out a tooth brush.

I give him the tooth paste and he squeezes some onto his tooth brush. He steps behind me, pressing me against the counter and reaches around to my face. He breathes heavily in my face.

"You should love my morning breath," he says, getting closer to my nose.

I giggle and turn my face away. "You're gross," I say, sticking my butt into him to get out of his hold on me. He chuckles and moves to the side, brushing his teeth.

We finally make our way downstairs, Jack walking not too closely behind me.

Mom and Dad are sitting at the island. They look up and a wave of shock rushes over their expressions. They quickly recover and flash us bright smiles.

"Hello, Jack," Mom beams. "Would you like some eggs and bacon? The pancakes are already out on the table. I can make more if you're hungry."

"Thank you, Mrs. Collins. Everything smells amazing," Jack says shyly, approaching the island.