Chapter 8: Game Night Part 2

We pull up and Nate's car is already here along with Ollie, Jack, and Graham's. We could hear music blasting from outside. We walk in and everyone's in the living room and kitchen area. Graham runs up and picks Cassie up under her butt with one arm and then disappears upstairs. Jake was there with the Jacks and a couple other kids from Millard. Harley goes up to Jake and sits on his lap. I see Nate, Ollie, and Sam all crowding the fridge. 

"Turn around slowly with your hands above your head," Mara says in her best man voice. 

Nate rolls his head back and yawns.

"Miss Officer, please don't arrest us. We're only partially drunk and the fun hasn't even started yet," Nate says, turning around and smirking at Mara.

 "You'll have to prove you're a good boy if you want me to let this go," Mara cooes.

"I can do that," Nate flashes a devilish smile and puts down his bottle. He walks over to Mara and leans in to kiss her but she turns her head. He chuckles into her hair and kisses down her neck. He leads her backwards, towards the den. She looks up and waves her fingers at me. They vanish into the darkness.

"I hate that so much," Ollie says, shaking his head in disgust.

I start laughing, Sam smiles.

"Like you haven't tried getting with one of us before, Ollie," I oppose.

"She's got you there, man," Sam concurred, taking another swig of his beer. 

"But I'm a guy. Mara's my little sister, it's different," Ollie defends.

Jack walks over to us and hugs me from behind, setting his chin on my shoulder.

"Hi," I smile.

"What's good, G?" Ollie puts his hand out for a handshake. Jack stands up and they pound fists.

"I'm craving pancakes, bro," Jack said.

"Yo, I got you," Ollie lights up. "Sam, you want pancakes too?"

"Yeah, dude, I do," Sam comes to our side of the island and sits down next to Jack. They do their bro shake and Sam slides a beer to Jack.

"Sick game tonight, man" Jack said.

"Thanks," Sam said, downing the rest of his drink. "When are those pancakes gonna be ready, Big O?"

"I'm working on it," Ollie says from behind the counter. He pulls out a box of pancake mix and reaches into another cabinet, grabbing a pan. He sets it on the stove and turns it on. 

"Do you want help?" I ask.

"Yeah. Get the milk out," Ollie says, greasing the pan.

I open the fridge and grab the milk. Walking past Ollie, I look through some cabinets for a bowl. Ollie points to the far left one. I open it and find a bowl. Dumping the mix into the bowl with the milk, I stir it. 

"Do you guys want anything in the pancakes?" Ollie asks the boys.

"Yo, banana pancakes sound amazing!" Jack grins.

"Sam, what about you?" Ollie asks.

"Banana is fine," he says, walking over to the fridge to get another beer.

Ollie gets Graham's bananas and starts cutting them up. I find the ice cream scooper and start scooping the mix onto the pan. Ollie puts pieces of banana on each pancake. I step back and let him man the stove. I turn around and lean on the island, across from Jack and Sam.

"Where's Remy tonight?" I ask.

"Couldn't tell ya," Sam says coolly. 

"I saw her at the game though. You didn't invite her to come over?" I press.