Chapter 10: Girl Bonding

"Are we really doing this?" Harley groaned.

"We owe it to Sammy," Cassie scolded through the phone.

"Okay, we'll call you back when we're on our way. What else did you want?" Harley asks.

"If you can find those fudge brownies we had a couple weeks ago, I'll love you forever," Cassie said.

"I'll try my best," Harley says, making a kissy noise and hanging up.

We're on our way to the store to stock up for tonight's festivities. I'm exhausted. I was out all day with Jack because he was making up for being gone for so long for Magcon Orlando. I just wanted to go to bed but Cassie offered to have the sleepover at my house. This was supposed to be a bonding exercise for us and Remy. Cassie was on her way to pick Remy up and Mara was at my house still because she was too busy talking to my mom to come to the store with us.

"She isn't that bad. We've hung out with her before," I said, trying to be positive.

"Yeah but with the way that Sam's been treating you, you don't owe him anything," Harley argues.

"Just because he wants to be an asshole doesn't mean I have to take it out on his girlfriend," I said.

"You're too nice, Aud," she said.

We get to the store and Harley pulls out a cart, climbing in.

"Are we really doing this?" I ask, laughing.

She grins and I take that as a yes.

I wheel her in the store and stroll down to the cookie aisle. I start running and Harley stands up. I push the cart hard and it goes flying down the aisle. She's standing with her hands over her head, laughing her ass off. I shake my head and start laughing too. I admire her free spirit. She's such a child still. I wish I was as carefree as she was. 

The cart slows a little and almost rams into an old lady. Harley twists and the cart flips. She's dumped out onto the floor. I rush up to her.

"Oh my gosh, Harls," I panic. I bend down to help her up. She's giggling still.

The PA system beeps on. "The two girl who just had the accident in aisle 8 need to leave the store immediately or we will call the cops."

I turn to Harley, eyes wide and laughing. She's bent over laughing so hard. I grab her arm and start tugging her to come along. We dash out of the store and run to her car. I'm trying to catch my breath but I'm laughing too hard. I look over at her and start laughing even harder.

We calm down after awhile.

"Okay, okay," she coughs. "Where are we gonna go now?" she says, wiping the tears from her eyes as she tries to hold in her giggles.

"Let's just go the gas station. It's basically the same thing and Cassie will never know," I laugh.

We drive to the gas station and pick up all the stuff that's on Cassie's list. Pulling into my driveway, Cassie's car is already here.

"Greaaaat," Harley groans.

"Ease up, babe. If I can do this than so can you," I said.

We walk in with all the bags and head to the kitchen. My mom's still here talking to Mara.

"Mom, weren't you going out with Dad tonight?" I ask.

"Yes but his meeting went late. I do need to start getting ready though," she says looking at the clock. "It was so nice catching up with you girls," she says, hugging Mara and Cassie. "Nice meeting you, Rene," she said, waving as she walked away.