Chapter 13: Mom...

"Alfred, NO! My baby!

I wince as my mother collapses onto my body, sobbing uncontrollably with tears pouring from her face. Arthur's grip on my hand tightens as we watch my mother cling desperately to my grey, cold corpse. 

Antonio has bruises on his face and is helping Francis, who looks like a cat attacked his handsome face, hold up an unconscious Gilbert. Meanwhile, Vladimir is passed out on the floor. He'd look like a drunken teenager, if it weren't for the rips in his clothing and the bruises on his pale skin.

The salt circle is torn apart and I'm lying in the center of it with a gaping hole in my stomach, blood pooled around my body. The demons must have broken through and attacked everyone, which explains my death. I would've been the easiest target out of all of us.

"Alfred?" Arthur asks, voice practically silent as he grips my hand like my lifeline -- as ironic as that is.

"Mom..." I call out, feeling my heart break at the sight of her in tears. Suddenly, as if she heard me, she pauses, her crying coming to a halt. 

"Alfred?" she calls, looking confused and hopeful, and then, against all odds I thought possible, her eyes connect with mine. "Alfred," she gasps, in complete awe, and that's when I come to the thought of actually wondering what I look like as a ghosts. That is what I am, right?

"Hi, mom," I call, feeling my face contort into sadness as I walk over to her, kneeling in front of her on the other side of my body. God, it's so weird looking at my own dead body. At least, I died looking attractive...minus the hole in my abdomen.

"Alfred..." she murmurs. "Honey, I don't understand." Her shaking, tan hands reach towards my face in hope. When her hands fall through me, I wince.

"Mom," I say gently, staring into her eyes as gently as possible, ignoring the small, ghostly tears that escape me. "I-I'm dead."

She looks at me in confusion before her gaze falls to an admittedly terrified looking Arthur, his gaze locked on my body with guilt. He definitely thinks he's the one responsible, but I know he's not. If anyone, it's those hellish demons that were the cause of all of this.

She sighs and looks longingly down at my body, brushing the hair out of my face in a rather embarrassing manner. "I wanted to watch you grow up, Alfred," she tells me tiredly, hugging my body tightly as she looks at me.

I smile solemnly. "I'm sorry, mom," I respond, reaching for Arthur's hand and taking it into mine. "But I think this is how it's meant to be..." I look to Arthur, who is standing beside me and looks utterly heartbroken.

"I don't doubt that, but I'm still going to miss you like hell." She laughs bitterly as tears stream down her face. "Besides, now things will be okay with you and Arthur."

"Wait, mom, how did you know about him?" I ask, looking to Arthur, who looks just as surprised as I am.

"The walls are very thin, and you talk in your sleep," she tells me, causing Arthur's eyes to widen. I can even see the blush on his face now, and it's such a bittersweet happiness that runs through my body.

"Mom, what's going to happen to you guys?" I ask, feeling guilt weigh my heart down. 

"We'll match stories and make it seem like an attempted robbery or something, Alfred. Pass on, and be happy, please. That's what you need to focus on. We'll manage." She stands and goes for her cell phone, opening it and dialing 911.

"I love you, mom, and I love y'all," I say, turning towards my friends who all smile solemnly at me.

"We love you, too, Alfred," Francis tells me -- shifting under the heavy weight of our Prussian friend.

"Be happy, Alfred," Antonio calls, making me smile.

I turn towards my favorite British boy, cupping his face in between my hands. "Oh, I think I will be," I murmur softly, pressing my lips to Arthur's once again -- gently and sweetly as he melts against me like putty in my grasp. 

I feel my heart becoming lighter and lighter, and all of a sudden, I'm filled with a white light that causes me to gasp. I should be worried, but I can't bring myself to care as Arthur's lips fit perfectly to mine, eliciting noises I'll forever deny.

It doesn't matter where I go as long as I have Arthur with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heylo, my lovely little nuggets! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to leave any comments! I won't be taking suggestions because after this is the EPILOGUE! Omg it's almost over! Lol. Anyway, see y'all nuggety readers in the next update! Until then, have an absolutely fantastic and fabulous day! Bai!!! >:3

-IggyScones