Chapter 12: Where There Is Death, There Will Always Be Death

"Arthur, wait!" I shout it out, yet I knew that he wouldn't hear me. He'd already closed the door behind him.

Panting from the sprint, I hastily tread the steps of the house, easing onto the creaking, cracking wood of the front porch tentatively. This house has so many red flags that I'm surprised Arthur was even willing to show up at all. 

I reach for the doorknob, the only seemingly trustworthy object I've seen so far and twist it, causing what sounds like wood to grind and the door to open. It's a miracle the heavy door hasn't collapsed into dust, judging by how badly the wood is falling apart. 

The inside is even worse. From the door way is a wide space, which I assume was for the living and dining room. Through the dining room there is a kitchen that has fecal matter and other disgusting things all over it. To the left and next to the living room is a staircase. There is a small hallway directly across that holds two doors, one on the right and another on the left. The door to the right side of the house is ajar, and I have a sinking feeling about what's going on in there.

"Arthur!" a familiar Scottish voice yells from the next room. Then a loud thunk resounds through the house, as well as grunts and even more thwacking sounds, causing my anger to boil over.

Without so much as a second thought, I rush into the room, startled and sickened to find Alistair leaning over Arthur's body with a bloody, wooden plank in hand and a crazed look across his face. Two dark figures stand on either side of him, wearing grins of bloodlust that makes me want to strangle them. 

Arthur has crumpled to the floor as blood pools around his head. I barely even have time to start heaving before the scene flickers, as if on an old camera, changing. Arthur is no longer on the floor, or even in the room. The three murderers are, though, hiding out in the shadows with anticipation written across the faces. 

Without a second thought, I stalk right up to a rather young looking Alistair -- who is surprisingly lanky in comparison to his older self -- and sock him in the jaw, managing to land a solid right hook to his face.

"You piece of shit," I mutter, gasping when I'm shoved to the ground rather harshly by one of the demons. It hisses at me, and I, overcome with anger, punch it in the face as well, wailing on it as if all the anger in the world had been built up inside of me. The other one comes towards us, and it doesn't receive any treatment that is unlike the first. I punch it as fast and hard as I can, crying out in anger. 

When they dissolve into dust and my hands start punching wooden planks, I stop, panting heavily while I return to my feet. It's so unlike me to lose control, but it was for a good cause.

I stop dead in my tracks when I come face to face with a wide-eyed Arthur that stands in the doorway. As my heart sinks to my stomach, I swallow thickly and slowly walk towards him.

"Arthur," I call softly, trying to get him to say something instead of just staring at me.

This is the first time I've seen him in color, though, and it's really rather distracting. His hair is a pale, golden sort of color, and his skin is a creamy, pale color. He's wearing brown slacks that hug his legs nicely, a crisp, white button-up shirt, and an emerald green sweater vest. 

His eyes, however, are the most entracing part of him -- swirling depths of emerald, forest, and mint green. The depth to them is familiar and comforting, and I want to run to him and hug him forever.

"Alfred," he murmurs, looking to young Alistair's body with shock and surprise. "How did you get here?" he asks, his brow pinching as he slows walks towards me, wearing loafers of all things.

"I had a friend send my soul here so I can bring you back," I admit, wanting to see if I can touch him so badly that it hurts.

His brow furrows and before I can respond, he slaps me. "Are you stupid!? If you get a small scratch you're done for!" He looks more angry about the fact that I came for him than the fact that I sent him here in the first place.

"That doesn't matter to me!" I return, grabbing his hands in mine to prevent anymore slapping. "I couldn't just leave you here!"

"Alfred, you should let me go!" he yells, his voice cracking. "I'm dead. You're alive. You shouldn't have to worry about me."

I can feel the tears pricking at my eyes, begging to be let loose as Arthur begins to cry silently, tears streaming down his pale, rosy cheeks. He's so beautiful...

"I told you. That doesn't bother me. I-I..." I take in a breath and tug him closer, holding him as tightly as possible. "Shit, Arthur, I love you."

I hear his breath hitch in his throat, and suddenly he erupts into loud, pained sobs -- clutching at me and my clothes desperately.

"Alfred, p-please don't..."

"What?" I ask, feeling my worry grow.

"Please don't love me..." he repeats, staring into my eyes as his tears overflow. I can't help but gently wipe them away with my thumb. "You won't be happy," he adds, his lips quivering. "I can't give you what someone who is alive could. You wouldn't be satisfied with me."

"How dare you tell me to try and love someone else," I mutter, feeling my brow crease. "I love you and nothing will change that Arthur. I don't care if I have to use my hand the rest of my life, you're the one I want to be with."

"Alfred..." he murmurs, his tears slowly coming to halt. "I love you, too," he adds, pressing his face into my chest in a hug that sets my heart beating wildly. My God, I can actually feel him. I can feel the warmth of him, and I can feel his heartbeat. I feel like I'm floating on air.

Without so much as a second thought, I cup his face and press our lips together, feeling his warm, soft, and slightly chapped lips mold against mine with a small gasp. Oh my God, he tastes so sweet. This is incredible. 

When he moans into my mouth so softly that it's barely audible, I feel my heart go nuts, pounding rapidly in my chest at the small turn on.

"A-Alfred," he moans softly into my ear, making me groan as I start to kiss down his smooth, pale neck. No one should be allowed to be this perfect.

Pulling away reluctantly, I pant against his mouth, feeling so incredibly horny that it isn't even funny. 

"Alfred, I think you have a bit of a problem," he says with a small giggle, looking down at my pants.

"Who do you think caused this," I accuse, not being able to fight off the small smile that graces my lips.

His cheeks turn an even brighter color that makes me grin like a fool. "I love you so much, bloody git," he says, pulling me into a deep kiss that causes shivers to run up and down my spine.

"So, you'll come back with me?" I ask hopefully, biting my lip as he looks at me with thoughtful eyes.

"Yes, love," he agrees. "I'll stay with you until it's your time as well. Then we can both move on together..." he says, causing my heart to swell.

"Artie, I love you!" I cry out, squeezing his slim body as tightly as I can. His head is thrown back in laughter before he kisses me again, fleetingly.

"I love you, too. Let's head back then," he says, and I nod, pulling the piece of paper out of my pocket. The incantation looks a little funny, but I assume that it's probably in another language. As the world around us fades, I wait for the touch of Arthur to become ghost-like again, but it never does.

And the horrified scream of my mother tells me why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heylo, my lovely little nuggets! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to leave any comments or suggestions! I love help and reading what you guys put! Anyway, I'll see y'all in the next update! Until then, have an absolutely fantastic and fabulous day! Bai!!! >:3

-IggyScones