Chapter 5: What Did They Do?

I'm not sure what I'm expecting when I turn around. A demon? A cliche looking boy ghost like Casper The Friendly Ghost?

Maybe I expected something different? 

Wait.

am expecting something different.

I'm expecting something else.

But, I come to the same dark mass that has been haunting me in my dreams. It's utterly terrifying, when I turn around and face the wispy mass. It's almost like those spirits you see in anime, which is a rather weird comparison but the most accurate one I can think of.

I, quite gracefully, fall onto my ass when I turn around, coming to face it. What I assume to be its head is mere inches from mine, as if he were going to kiss me.

I swallow thickly, trying to ignore the chilling fear that decides it's going to course throughout my veins. As a cold sweat drips down my spine, the figure pulls away as if it's been burned. Somehow, I can tell I offended him, which makes me feel extremely guilty.

Facing my fear, I take a better look at him. He definitely has a sold form. Well, it looks like a solid form. It seems more like a silhouette of a man that has black smoke-like wisps practically dripping from his form. Shakily, as fear rocks my body, I stand up, barely hearing the whispers of protest my friends are giving me. They're letting their fear control them, and I refuse to let that same thing happen to me. I'm not susceptible to fear like I used to be. I'm the hero, and heroes don't let their fear control them!

I nod, hoping he understands what it means. He seems to, judging by the way his hand slowly reaches out towards me. He has thin, slender hands that match up with his slender physique quite nicely. Was he attractive when he was alive? I find myself growing more and more curious towards the mysterious, dead boy. I wish to know more.

As his own hand shakes, it lands on my chest as gently as a butterfly would. Is he scared, too? The thought is almost comforting. We're kind of in the same boat in a sense.

His right palm stretches out over my chest, and I feel myself become rather cold. But, oddly enough, it's not a bad sort of cold. It reminds me of the cold side of your pillow when you can't fall asleep at night. It's a relieving sort of cold, and I think I want more of it.

The sight reminds me of pulling off the wrapping on a mummy. Thick, string-like black wisps peel off of his body, originating from the palm resting against my chest. It moves up his arm, peeling off and disintegrating into what looks like ashes, but they dissolve in mid air. The process reveals the same, featureless figure, but this time, he's a beautiful bright green color, a swirl of greens like lime and emerald. It's extremely attractive, I must admit.

Fading in, the textures of clothes start to appear, moving gently as if blowing in an invisible wind. 

Slowly, his features begin to appear...

I will admit, he is probably the most gorgeous boy I've ever seen. He has gently curved and sloping features at just the right angle, smooth skin, flowing and messy hair that seems to be feather soft -- which are hiding embarrassingly large eyebrows that somehow suit the boy. His eyes are closed as if he's sleeping, and the long dark lashes brush delicately agaisnt his cheekbones. His lips are the perfect size, not obnoxiously thick or thin, and they seem ridiculously soft. His lean body is relaxed, the arm that isn't pressed against my chest being relaxed at his side. Meanwhile his feet aren't even on the ground but hang loosely, his toes brushing against the floor ever so slightly. He's wearing loose slacks and a white, buttonup shirt with a sweater vest over it. 

I can't really see any colors, but that doesn't matter. As weird as it is, he's beautiful.

Even my frightful friends have gone quiet in awe. The three of them step up behind me, studying the boy that floats in front of us peacefully. He's still attached to me, and I'm not sure I want him to let go.