The Family of the Wild

"For it's only through the magnificence of Kossuth, the mighty lord of fire, that we have warmth in our homes during the bitter winters and hot meals on our table! It's only through his grace and mercy that humanity has risen from the confines of the caves to dominating the land!", the Flame Bishop preach from his podium that was surrounded in heatless flames. His hair was short and grey from age, though his unnatural red eyes still had a fire in them that could never truly be put out. A dozen tapestries depicting a fiery deity were erected on the walls behind him, the edges lace with silver lining and glowing fiercely with magic and giant pure gold statues, each twice the size of a full grown man, of powerful fire mages of old were position in along the walls of the room.

"While the other gods are no doubt important, it's Kossuth to whom all should give the most thanks too! For only he and the great Supreme One, Mystra, truly run the world! Praise to the fire that warms and protects us all!"

"Praise to the fire that warms and protects us all!", the crowd in front of him echoes, their voices filling the confines of the small section of the Kardia Cathedral in Magnolia that was slated for those who followed the teaching of the Great Fire Lord.

Julia and Roselina found themselves struggling to stay awake during the sermon and it took glares from both Macao and Enno to make them listen through until the end.

"Now that we have given our love and devotion to the mighty Kossuth, the communion and offerings shall begin. May the young pupils of the great Fire King come forward first with their parents", the Flame Bishop announce as one of the lesser priests, who eyes were slightly less red than his own, appear alongside him with a collection plate. Both Julia and Roselina rise and head toward the altar with Macao and Enno guiding them along. Soon the rest of the children in the sermon rose as well, escorted by their parents to the podium and form a line behind the Conbolts. As they kneel before the podium, the Flame Bishop walks to them and leans over to the girls.

"Present the gifts that the great and powerful Kossuth has bestow upon you, my children", he says and both of the Conbolt sisters present their hands and small flames erupt from their palms. The priest then hovers his own hands directly above the top of their fires and chants:

"Blessed be the flame within you. May it grow to rival an inferno!"

"May it grow to rival an inferno!", the Conbolt's family repeats and for a brief moment, the fires in their hands flash a divine gold then return to normal. Soon afterward, after Enno and Macao had done the same, the girls and their mother get up to leave while Macao takes behind and drops eight jewels into the collection plate.

"Mr. Conbolt, a word if I may when all is finish here," The Flame Bishop says, stopping the man in his tracks.

"Of course, Stoker Mcryan", Macao answers.

"Please meet me out in the hall near the back", the bishop says and returns to the ceremony while Macao went to catch up with his family and within moments, the Conbolts were out in the main hall of the Grand Kardia Cathedral of Magnolia waiting for the service to wrap up. While doing they watch as all the over services wrap up and people began to exit out, even seeing people from their own start to come out. They spot Gray, fully clothe for once, leave from his worship of the Water God, Istishia and they also see Ezra leaving from her worship of Gond, The Lord of All Smiths. While seeing them at the evening services wasn't anything new, it was always rare to see them so well-behave outside of the guild.

After a moment, Stoker Mcryan finally emerges into the hallway and walks directly over to where Macao and his family were waiting.

"Sorry for the delay, my children", he says.