The Encounter of the Wild

Chapter 3

"So you want me to get the dragon to come out of the cave?", Romeo asks as he points inside.

"Yes", Porlyusica tells the boy.

"Why can't you do it?", Romeo asks.

"Well, I need someone who can speak draconic, because mine isn't as good as it used to be", Porlyusica tells the boy, "And it was between either you or the pink-hair idiot Makarov keeps at the guild, but seeing how he would probably kill the thing-"

"He might have asked it nicely", Romeo began before noticing the glare Porlyusica was throwing at him, "Never mind."

"Like I was saying, I figure that you were the better choice", she finishes.

"What makes you think I can talk to it?", Romeo asks.

"Romeo, I have seen you talk to animals before, so stop trying to play dumb.", Porlyusica groaned before remembering what exactly happens whenever she sees him talking to animals, "That's right, he thinks he talking normally to them, he more than likely doesn't hear the difference."

"I know that, but I never talk to a dragon before", Romeo says as he looks back into the cave and back at those two glowing yellow eyes watching him, "Besides what if it doesn't want to come out?"

"Well let's hope that you can get it come out", Porlyusica told him, "Because in case you haven't noticed", she says as she points toward the ground.

Romeo looks back down at the footprints that led into the cave and upon closer examination, he notices that there was a line of red liquid mix in with the dirt, "Is that?"

"Blood, yes it is", Porlyusica confirms, "So more than likely it's wounded."

"Could you treat it?", the boy asks as Porlyusica throws him a glance, "If I somehow maintain to get it to come out?"

"I suppose I could, but we won't know until it comes out", she replies, "So if you want to help it, you might want to start talking."

"How do you know it's not going to attack us?"

"Because by going off the footprints it left in the dirt, this dragon is around the size of a drake, or of juvenile age, meaning it could easily lunge twenty to thirty feet in a single bound. If it wanted to hurt either one of us it could have done so by now", Porlyusica explains, "And that's not even counting its breath attack."

Suddenly a series of loud shrieks erupted from the cave, catching both of them off-guard. The pair looks at the cave and then back at one another. Porlyusica had an expression of deep thought as if she was trying to decipher what the dragon was saying, while Romeo was the complete opposite, as he was shaking uncontrollably, his face was bright red, and he had his hand on his mouth an fail effort to contain his laughter.

"What did it say?", Porlyusica asks but she receives no response from the boy who was starting to let snorts and snickers escape from his lips.

The area around them suddenly became engulfed in an ominous aura as Porlyusica's eyes started to glow red and the broom she was holding started to look more like a scythe to the little boy.

Romeo goes pale white as he realizes the consequences of his actions and decided that if he wants to live to see his seventh birthday, he best start talking.

"It-it-it-", Romeo stammered out.

"Actually, my first question should be how could you understand that", Porlyusica said, " Because I'm pretty sure that wasn't draconic."