I'm A Peach

Let's pretend that pregnancy tests were sticks in 1980. They had home tests, but I wrote it as the usual test rather than the proper one because I didn't have internet access while I was writing this. Sorry!

July 4, 1980

Freddie
"Come on, Fars, you have to get up so we can do some exploring." I whispered, shaking her sleeping body gently until she was groaning and trying to hit me, to stop me. "Come on, we don't want to be late for the parade." I ran my fingers through her hair and she rolled over to face me. "Do you want to go to the parade?" I asked and she nodded, her eyes shutting heavily with each blink while she tried to fall back asleep. "Come on, wake up then." I rubbed her head and she whined while she rubbed her eyes.

We were celebrating the fourth of July in San Diego and we heard that they had quite the interesting parade, as well as events for kids all day before the nighttime fireworks. She was excited for the fireworks, we didn't get them much back home so she was excited to see them- I wasn't even sure if she had ever seen them before, but she got excited whenever we told her about them.

"Is she getting up?" Jim chuckled after I walked back into the little sitting area.

"No, she's too lazy." I sighed, sitting next to him and resting my head on his shoulder. "I'm kind of tired now, too. We got up too early." I looked up at him and he hummed before gently kissing me on the lips. "I feel sick, too. I don't know what my problem is lately, I just can't shake it." I whined and he chuckled before kissing me once more.

"What if I managed to knock you up?" Jim smirked while he looked down at me.

Jim knew that I had carried and delivered Faria. He was actually pretty set on he and I having a family together- he always said that my next baby would be his baby.

"We have been fucking a lot... and without a condom." I bit my lip while I looked down at my stomach.

You'd think I would learn by then that my partners needed condoms. I didn't need more kids, Faria was more than enough for me.

But maybe Jim's kid wouldn't be that bad...

---

"Brian, can I ask you a quick favour?" I asked after he opened the hotel door, a frown on his face because of my annoying knocking- I pounded on the door until he answered, I thought it was funny.

"Stop the knocking and I'll do anything." He breathed and I chuckled. "What do you need?"

"I have to run to the pharmacy with Jim, so I was wondering if you could take Fars down to the parade? She's really excited and she got upset when I said we could be late." I almost laughed at the memory. It was only fifteen minutes prior, but her little face was so funny whenever she got upset.

"Why do you have to go to the pharmacy? Are you sick?" He sounded a bit concerned, worried almost, then his face softened when I shook my head.

"But I might be pregnant." I could feel a smile forming on my lips, but his face began to tense into a frown again.

"What do you mean you might be pregnant again?!" He asked, loudly, then Faria's head poked out from mine and Jim's room next door- she honestly looked a little worried, she always got stressed when Brian and I fought. "Sorry, Fars." He quickly apologized when he noticed how scared she looked.

"I mean that Jim and I have been having unprotected-" I looked at my too curious daughter and I thought about all of the questions she would ask me later if I said the wrong thing, "playtime. Unprotected playtime... so I might be pregnant." I shrugged and he groaned in frustration. "So I need you to take your daughter because we need to go and pick up a few tests." I smiled and laughed a bit when Faria ran over to wrap her little arms around my legs.