~15~

Namjoon shot up in his bed, another nightmare rattling his body. The messages were becoming more pressing. If he didn't have something to report by tomorrow night, something bad was going to happen.

If you can't get information to me, I can easily just get it myself. You know that. But everything has its consequences. Just be aware of that.

That voice sent chills down his spine. Namjoon remembered Ae Ra sitting by his bed in the nurse's office. He had grabbed her hand and held onto it like his life depended on it. He missed her presence. More than anything, he wanted to curl up in her arms and hear her tell him it was all going to be okay.

"It's so hard," he held his throbbing head in his hands. But he knew what he had to do. He couldn't lose sight of his mission.

The phone rang, and Namjoon jumped. He knew he had to pick it up. If he missed a call, his family's company would suffer.

"Yes? It's me," Namjoon said, trying to keep his voice from shaking.

"Oh, I was wondering if you were feeling any better."

Namjoon blinked as he pulled the phone away from his face to look at the caller ID. "Ae Ra? What are you doing up at this hour?"

The girl giggled. "It's only nine. What are you not doing up at this hour? Oh wait, you're unwell. You need your rest."

Namjoon had figured sleep was the best way to deal with his problems. The less amount of time he spent actively worrying about the situation at hand, the better. "Yeah, I feel loads better after getting rest at the nurse's office and then coming home. Thanks for everything earlier. I mean it."

"Of course! That's what friends do."

Namjoon winced hearing that word. "Yeah. Are, um, you doing okay? You were so ill and frail the last time I passed by your house. I know I see you every day, but have you gotten completely better?"

"Yep!" she chirped. "My brother took really good care of me."

"Did you ever get around to meeting your neighbor?" Namjoon asked curiously. He wondered how long he'd have to keep Tae's secret. Did he even want to keep it?

There was a pause. "Nope. I think I've seen his silhouette a few times, but I haven't actually seen his face. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, I was just wondering. Anyways, thanks for checking on me. The other guys texted, but a phone call is more comforting. I should probably get going. I need to take care of some things before I fall back asleep." He wished her goodnight and opened up his messages. This was going to be a long night.

Ae Ra collapsed on her bed after texting Rina to come over. She could use some advice, and apparently her best friend had some big news for her too. After what felt like eons, she heard the doorbell ring, and Hyunjin ran to get it.

Rina escorted herself to Ae Ra's room and plopped down next to her. "I have good news and bad news."

Ae Ra's eyes widened, not sure which one she wanted to hear first, so she let her friend pick.

Rina took a deep breath. "So you know how I'm into music composition right? I applied to work as a music composer, so I'll be moving to Seoul. I'll be transferring colleges, but I promise I'll come back to visit."

Ae Ra could barely process what she was hearing. She was incredibly happy for her friend, but at the same time, who was supposed to give her boy advice and grab bubble tea after class with her now?