~17~

Taehyung kept running through possible theories as he worked the register.

"Something on your mind?" Taeil asked. "You look pretty deep in thought."

Taehyung nodded. "Guess you could say that."

"I actually have to run to get to a friend's swim meet. You think you can hold down the fortress on your own?"

Taehyung loved the way Taeil spoke. He was so laid back and calming. "Of course. I'll see you later, Tae!"

Taeil grinned. "See? That smile suits you much better. See you later, alligator!"

"In a while, crocodile," Taehyung giggled. He watched his new friend take off, and he slumped over the register, drawing shapes with his finger using a small pool of water on the counter.

He lost himself in his thoughts again. Baekhyun knew so much about the company. One could say he almost knew too much.

"Well, well, well, look who it is!"

Tae looked up and saw his group of friends. And Ae Ra was there, too. That subconsciously brought a smile to his face. Most of them looked shocked. It wasn't every day you saw a rich son of a CEO working at a local coffee shop.

"What can I get for you?" he asked Jimin.

"Give me The Revolution. It sounds pretty interesting. I've never had coffee mixed with soda. That sounds like a sugar rush in a bottle."

"I guess that's why they call it The Revolution," Taehyung said while entering his order into the register. "Next in line, please."
Yoongi stepped forward. "Surprise me."

And surprise him Taehyung would. He entered in a sneaky drink he knew no one would expect. He quickly filled out the rest of the boys' orders before Ae Ra took slow steps towards him.

"Um, do you have any recommendations for something sweet but with a coffee flavor? I really can't stand the bitter taste of coffee," Ae Ra said shyly.

Standing there like that with a doubtful expression on her face and her stare fixed on the menu, Taehyung had to admit she looked adorable.

"I think you'd like Duality. On top, there's a really dark, bitter espresso, but on the bottom is coconut milk with some sweet chocolate and coconut syrup. They call it Duality because the two tastes are so different, but when you combine them, it's perfect."

He realized what he just said and blushed. "Um, did you want to try it, or should I recommend something else?"

"I'll stick with that. One Duality for me, please." His metaphor seemed to gloss over her head, and Taehyung was thankful for that. The guys sat down at a table as he made the drinks. They were flamboyantly decorated with whipped cream, a sprig of mint, and a light drizzle of syrup.

Yoongi stared at his drink with a blank expression. "The hell is this?"

Taehyung snickered, pulling up a seat to join them. "Before you stands a Fine-Apple Latte. It's really good. You should try it."

"So you're telling me you've surprised me with caffeinated pineapple juice?" Yoongi pessimistically sized up the mason jar. "You could have mixed alcohol with coffee and not juice. That would have been a great surprise."

Jungkook grabbed Yoongi's straw and sampled his drink. "Hyung, if you don't shut up and drink you're Fine-Apple, I will."

The boys laughed, but Taehyung couldn't stop thinking about Namjoon. He was always free after school. Why was he suddenly unavailable? Just thinking about it gave him a headache. He shot a quick text to Baekhyun from under the table asking him to meet up. Things just weren't adding up.

"Hey, you okay?" Ae Ra poked his side.

"I'm fine," Taehyung nodded, slipping his phone back into his barista apron. "How's your Duality?"

Ae Ra took another sip through her straw, and a giddy smile took over her face. "It's incredible. It's a combination I never thought would be this good."

Taehyung blushed again. "Oh, well I'm glad you like it then." His phone rang in his pocket. It was Taeil.

"Hey, you can go ahead and close up for the day. Manager Kwon said he needs time to put up the new lights he ordered."

"Sounds good. I'll just wait for these customers to finish up." Taehyung wasn't able to move his phone away from his ear before it rang again. This time it was Baekhyun.

"Let's meet at the playground. I'm in the area, so it'll be convenient for both of us."

"You okay?" Yoongi asked, noticing Tae's quickly changing expression.

"Yeah, let's leave so I can close up. I need to meet someone."

He found Baekhyun easily. His cousin stood in the middle of the green wearing a sleek suit. His hair was slicked back with gel, and he stared down at his tablet like usual. Taehyung smiled and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Ah, you've arrived! So, what did you want to talk about?"

Taehyung scratched the back of his neck. "I've been really stressed lately."

"Awww, what's bothering you? School, Namjoon, girls?"

Taehyung blinked. Funny. I never said anything about Namjoon.