Part 12: Netflix and Chill?

Nova arrived to room 402 just where Joe said him and the guys would be. She walked in the doorway and they all were sitting at a table with their backs turned to her, huddled around a computer. Nova loudly cleared her throat and they all whipped around, giving her a greeting that made her feel very good about herself. 

"How did it go?" Joe asked, returning to his seat after giving Nova another big hug. "Ugh! That was probably the scariest experience I have ever had presenting my work! I totally wasn't expecting everyone and their best friend from TruTV to be in that room" Nova said dramatically.

"Seriously? Shit I'm sorry, I figured you would know. Anything that deals with promos has to be okay'ed by every department so all the head members usually meet up and decide what is usable" Joe explained. 

"Yeah, this is my first time doing something that is for a television show so I guess I didn't really know what to expect" Nova said, grabbing a chair next to Q and reclining back. "God, I was so on blast, I felt like I was on a very intense job interview, Sal was there too."

"Well, you kinda were. If they liked your work, the chances are that they will want to use you again for other things, that's a really good sign that everyone was there, Sal usually goes on our behalf" Murr stated. 

"Yeah, you know Pete did ask for my card....Everyone seemed very pleased with what I had. Wow, I really thought that this was just a one time deal...It never occurred to me that they might bring me back" Nova said, thinking out loud. 

"Well if we have anything to say about it, I'm sure we can find a place for you here" Q said, giving Nova a sweet smile. 

Nova smiled back with a sparkle in her eyes that made Joe look back and forth between the two of them with a goofy look on his face. "DAAAWWWW...You guys are too cute! Do you want Murr and I to leave the room so you guys can have a uh...Private moment?" Joe teased. 

Right away Nova turned red and Q turned away sheepishly with a light chuckle. "No seriously! I gotta say I think it is adorable that you guys got together, and I didn't even have to set you's up! Nova, hunny, you are a doll. And Q, well I gotta say it buddy, you lucked out. I think I can say on behalf of all the Jokers, you have our full support. Now with that said, I think you guys need to go find a broom closet or something because I can practically see the hearts in your eyes with the way you are staring at each other." Joe continued to harass them.

Nova laughed at Joe's antics and Q said "What the hell did I say about being cool? Look, you're embarrassing the poor girl, you're going to chase her away before I get the opportunity to take her out again."

"Ohh come on, if you haven't chased her away yet, nothing will. You don't need me for that, right Nova?" Joe asked comically. 

Nova played along and rolled her eyes. "Oh please, you know that you guys are the whole reason I'm dating this guy right here. I just wanted to be closer to the rest of you, Q is just a bonus. And the fact that he is a fabulous kisser only sweetens the deal."

Her response sent Joe and Murr in a fit of hysterics, instantly making the room grow very loud, and Q turned his head and looked at Nova. "You really think I am a fabulous kisser?" He asked, giving Nova the look that made her weak at the knees. 

Nova bit her lip and scanned the room before answering. "I do" She said, returning Q's smile. "Ohh OK, I'm officially gonna throw up now, you guys are so sweet it's making me sick, go find that broom closet, some of us actually have to work around here" Joe butted in. 

They both looked at Joe and snickered. "Alright alright" Q said, waving his hands at Joe. "Come on Nova, I'll walk you out" Q said getting up out of his chair. "Ohh! Wait, I almost forgot!" Nova said, digging though her purse.