Chapter 32: Choices

Start from the beginning

"I know, but... Sophie has always been the one to say that... We shouldn't let our emotions get the best of us. But... God, how she just collapsed and broke down... Is it bad that I felt bad for her?" Louis mumbled, loud enough for Clementine to hear. She thought about it for a second before replying.

"No, I kinda feel bad. I know I shouldn't have... gone that far. When she broke down in tears, I know it sounds weird... but, I saw myself. But... not just myself. I saw my mom and dad." Tears started trickling down the girl's face. Unexpectedly, a smile formed on her face. "I knew how harsh I was being. I can't imagine how I would've felt if someone said... my parents were gone... because of me right. In. My. Face. I realized... that everyone has their own problems. Secrets. Fears... Even Lilly." Clementine admitted. Louis smiled.

"That's why I love you." He blurted out, making Clementine blush. "You're never afraid to say what you think." Louis chuckled, looking at his girlfriend's red face before kissing her forehead.

"I would slap you if I wasn't practically paralyzed." Clem mumbled, not making eye contact with Louis as he chuckled. 

Suddenly, Clementine felt Louis stop in his tracks. She glanced up at his face and saw him with a confused expression. She looked into the direction that Louis was looking at before letting out a small gasp.

Right there, in front of the whole group, was Delta. Instead of it being in it's normal state, it was burned down to the ground, left with nothing but ashes. Clementine sighed.

All of a sudden, she felt Louis fall to the ground, making her come down with him. She landed right on her stomach and groaned in pain, trying her best to hold back tears. Clem looked down, still trembling, to see blood on her hands and on the ground.

Then, darkness.

*

Clementine's slowly eyes fluttered open as she looked around, trying to get used to the new light. She gradually realized that she was in an infirmary before she heard a door open.

"Hello, Clementine." A woman's voice said. A very familiar voice, actually.

Clem shifted her head to take a look at the woman, but had it moved back to it's original position. 

"Don't do that. It's putting more stress on your body." The woman ordered. "You don't need to know who I am. I'm just a doctor here to help people. Now, close your eyes. You don't wanna see what I'm about to do. You really don't."

Feeling intimidated by the demanding voice, Clementine obeyed, closing her eyes. She felt her shirt being lifted up. Then, a cloth or some type of gauze on her stomach, probably to clean the blood. All of a sudden, a sharp object moved through the skin on her stomach, making her flinch and slightly open her eyes.

"Stay still. I need to get the stitches right."

Clementine obeyed once again, trying to stay still and not make a sound.

*

After 10 whole minutes of pain, Clem could finally hear the door close. She shot her eyes open, breathing heavily. The door opened once again, thankfully, revealing Louis. He shut the door behind him and walked over to her before connecting his lips with hers. Clem melted into the kiss as he grabbed both sides of her face. They pulled away, making their foreheads touch. Louis let out a small chuckle.

"Are you okay?" Louis whispered, caressing her cheek. Clem smiled as she nodded. "I'm so sorry for dropping you. I saw you land on your stomach."

"Louis, it's okay. I'm fine." Clem reconnected her lips with his, their lips moving in sync. She pulled away, slightly licking her lips. "You're really clingy today, you know that?"

Louis chuckled. "Am I?"

"Yeah... but it's cute."

"Glad you feel that way." He snickered, kissing her lips once again. (Imma make y'all SCREECH) 

Suddenly, the door swung open. Louis pulled away and whipped his head around to see Javier standing there with a smirk on his face and his arms crossed. He shook his head as he laughed and uncrossed his arms.

"C'mon, lovebirds. Time to meet the leader."

*

Luke, Javier, and Clementine all made it to the office where the leader was. Javier stepped forward and grabbed the doorknob, turning it. Before he could even open it, the door swung open and revealed the person they thought they would never see again.

"Jesus?" Javi gasped with a perplexed look on his face. Jesus did nothing but wear a small smile. He widened the door while stepping to the side.

"Come in."

The three walked in the office. It wasn't special, just a normal office. Jesus walked behind the desk and sat down in his chair. "As a leader, I want to make sure that my people are safe, wanted, and useful. Now, you want to stay here, eh?"

The three look at one another. "Well, it depends. We don't want to act a burden to the group since we'll be know as 'the people who just came here'. But we need a place to stay, even if it's just for a little bit." Javier replied, his hands on his hips.

"And I completely understand that reasoning. When you saw me at that bridge, you could've tied me up, or killed me. But you didn't. I like you, Javi. You're a good man. That's why I'm giving you the choice. Do you want to become a new resident of Kingston?"