Chapter 10: Chasing Pavements

Começar do início

"Okay then, we'll go out for dinner now, we'll be back at 10 or something. Take care of your friends and have fun, ok?" Mrs. Hirai kisses Momo on the cheek and closes the front door.

"Your parents are fun." Rosie smiles while putting a handful of chips in her mouth.

"Yeah, they are the reasons why I always have a positive attitude, they show me that there are many good things and you should focus on them." Momo smiles and takes out the food.

"Have you told them about us?" Nayeon asks and goes to help Momo in the kitchen.

"Of course yes. I always tell them about my friends."

"Mina?" Nayeon raise her eyebrows.

"Sure, why not. She's one of my best friends in the class."

"You know what I mean Momo." Nayeon challenges her again.

"No, not that part. Are you happy with my answer?" Momo frowns.

"I'll let you off this time."

"Tzuyu, what do you like to eat?" Momo calls out from the kitchen, trying to change the topic.

"The spicy ramen, and I'll have two packs. I'm really hungry and I just want to stuff my face right now." Tzuyu says while scanning through the channels on TV. "And don't try to change the subject Momo, we all know that you and Mina have been attached by the hips for the last month."

"Oh wow, Tzuyu, is this ganging up on Momo day?" Momo and Nayeon walk out of the kitchen with food in their hands.

"We're just really good friends and I may or may not like her a little bit more than that, okay?" Momo blushes and smiles shyly.

The evening goes by with a lot of things happen. Some are memorable and fun, some are extremely embarrassing. They eat so much that they can practically roll to the room, especially Nayeon, she eats one whole pack of marshmallow on her own. Tzuyu admits she actually feels a whole lot better thanks to this sleepover. Since it's Halloween, Momo decides to make them watch 'The Ring' but she doesn't tell Rosie. When the scene with the TV happens, Rosie jumps on her feet and makes a beeline for the bathroom and hides herself in it. The last thing they do is play Truth or Dare. Some juicy secrets have been spilled and embarrassing dares have been done. Nayeon has confessed that she checked out Ms Jieun (their Korean literature teacher) countless times and she actually enjoys it, Tzuyu admits that she genuinely hates Nayeon in the first few days but she doesn't anymore.

On the other hand, Momo is made to prank call Mina while the other girl is playing games, but it turns out way different. Mina is the one to catch Momo off guard when she ended the conversation with an invitation to a "friendly" date and Momo is internally grateful that she agreed to the dare. Jihyo, however, isn't that grateful with her dare. She had to post a video of her doing her most cringe-worthy aegyo possible on her Instagram and she can't delete it until the next weekend. The comment section of the post is a combination of people saying 'delete this' like Jeongyeon and Joohyun, some people swoon at it like Jisoo, Dahyun and Seulgi and then Seungwan just comes in and puts one word 'Cute' with a heart emoji next to it. The girls are positive that they saw Jihyo blushed at that but Jihyo kept on denying. And finally Rosie had to send an audio of her saying "Good night, sweet dreams" to Lisa and the Thai girl is probably having a heart attack when she hears that.

Right now, Momo, Nayeon and Rosie are fast asleep with Nayeon's leg on Momo's stomach and Rosie is hugging Momo like the Japanese is her teddy bear. Tzuyu is now on the balcony listening to music because she can't sleep. "Did you have fun tonight?" Jihyo joins her on the balcony, holding a glass of water.

"Yeah, it's nice to forget about those feelings, even just for a little while." Tzuyu smiles weakly, a new song plays on her earphones.

"What are you listening to?" Jihyo asks.

Tzuyu hands Jihyo one of the ear buds. "Adele."

"Good song choice, it fits the situation right now." Jihyo chuckles lightly and hums along to the song.

"What should I do Jihyo?"

"Well, moving on will make you feel relieve and give you another chance in a relationship. But I know your feelings right now, holding on seems a bit better, because it's not the end yet and maybe one day your chance with her will come. Also it's not easy to just throw away all the feelings you have. Anyway, that's the best I can say, I can't help you make that choice."

"Why is that?"

Jihyo pauses for a minute then smiles somewhat bitterly. "Because I'm chasing pavements as well."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: What does Jihyo mean by that? Also we are moving on to another two couples who haven't got their spotlight in the story yet. That will be in the next chapter.

Comment if you have any ideas regarding the story. Have a nice day, readers.