16 | The One With The Engagement

Start from the beginning

Shree blushed furiously.

"I love you so much, Shree." He confessed as his arms wrapped around her delicate frame, bring her closer to his body until he could feel her breasts crushed to his chiseled chest. He pressed a kiss to her cheeks and her hands move into his neatly combed hair, smooth as silk. He pressed another kiss to her nose as he cradled her face in his hands again and started to pepper little kisses on her forehead. She sighed contently as she inhaled that expensive perfume, he wears every day to work. He places a quick kiss to her eyebrows and her nose, before teasingly brushing his lips against hers. Madhav let out a chuckle as he moves his lips away from hers, leaving Shree annoyed. She grabbed a fistful of his neatly iron kurta, pulling him down until there lips were only a millimeter away.

"I must say I am impressed at how much you yearn for me, Ms. Prasad."

"Does that mean you don't yearn for me the same way?"

"I never said that, darling!"

"Then prove me wrong." She whispered softly as her lips brushed his.

"SHREE? SHREE? Where are you?" Devi called out from far.

Madhav stepped away from Shree as Devi walked into the terrace. She wore a yellow lehenga with a cream shaded shawl. Her hair was braided, and she had worn contact lenses instead of her glasses.

"Shree! Come! Amma is calling, you too bhaiya!" she said.

Shree and Madhav followed Devi silently to her apartment.

"By the way where is your brother?" Shree asked Madhav.

"Last minute assignment. You'll meet him soon." Madhav shrugged, as his phone starts to ring. "Go in and I'll catch you in a while."

RK and Yashoda were seated together on the sofa watching an album that had many pictures of Shree as a child.

"And look at this, Krishna!" Yashoda exclaimed, pointing at a picture of Shree dressed in a rabbit costume. "She looks so convincing for a bunny!"

"That's why her friends called her Bunnyshree, back in school! The name suits her better when her face becomes red!" Lakshmi said laughing much to Shree's embarrassment.

"The photographers just called!" Madhav announced as he walked into the living room. "They asked us whether we can start shooting for it the following day."

"There's going to be preshoot?" Lakshmi asked surprised.

"In Goa." Shree completed.

"But can we-"

"Oh no! This one is on me! I am paying for all the photo sessions." Madhav says. "I just need your approval to take Shree with me to Goa for the next three days."

"Send Shree with you for three whole days?" Lakshmi exclaims, taken aback. "That too before the wedding? What will people say?"

"She's right, Madhav! This is India. People talk!" RK said diplomatically. "However, you can take Shree with you, only if there are two chaperons. I am going on this trip as a chaperon, by default!

"I shall go with them!" Lakshmi declared.

"Me too!" Devi exclaimed happily. "I can't stay alone, and I want to see Akka's preshoot!"

"Alright! It's decided then!" Madhav declared. "The five of us shall leave for Goa tomorrow at noon! I'll book the tickets, right now!"

-S H R E E P R A S A D-