Part 3||Chapter 11

Start from the beginning

She said she didn't want her issues interfering with me enjoying the beginning stages of fatherhood. I told her it wouldn't, but it ultimately did. I wanted to stay with her but her and one of my Aunts that I actually got along with, assured me that she would be fine. But every week I would fly down to Texas and stay two days and fly back home without Jada's knowledge. I wanted to tell Jada but never found the right time because she was always busy taking care of JoJo. I was going through a lot and I was in pain, I was slowly watching my mother slip away. I wanted someone to talk to and I wanted someone to comfort me and take my pain away. So I found comfort in the next best thing, Nana.

I'm not gonna say it was a mistake, because if it wasn't....I wanted to do it but in the end regretted it. Nana was there, she listened. That's all I wanted was someone to listen...but she ended up becoming more which I regretted, but the past is the past. As for that picture of me and Nana, that was taking by one of her sneaky ass friends. I made the girl delete it but I forgot to make her delete it from the recently deleted album. I blame myself, I should of never been cheating so I deserve everything that went down. This shit with my mom has been fucking with my mental, I try not to think about it but can't help but too. In the beginning I would use coke as a way to forget shit but I stopped because it was starting to take a tole on my body. I just want everything to go back to normal. I haven't been myself in months. And I'm scared of the person I'm becoming.
***
A few hours later...
Elijah was awoken out of his sleep by his phone ringing. It was 12:30am and he was hoping whoever was calling would give up but they never did . He cleared his throat as he looked at his phone seeing it was Jigz.
"Yoo" Elijah said as he put the phone to his ear.
"E, JoJo in the hospital. He-" before Jigz could even finish his sentence, Elijah hung up and was already out of bed grabbing his sneakers. He grabbed his hoody and keys and ran out the house.
***
Elijah came charging in the hospital rushing towards the front desk.
"Where's my son? His name is Josiah-"
"E" Jigz called out. Elijah looked over his shoulder spotting Jigz and Liah. Liah was seated holding a sleeping Amaza.
"What happened?" Elijah asked breathing heavy as his eyes watered. He was thinking the worst. Jigz places his hand on Elijah shoulder.
"He fine man. Calm down" Jigz told him as he embraced him. Elijah let out a little whimper as he felt his legs get weak. Jigz held onto him as he got his strength back.
"Yo calm down. He's ok. He's ok." Jigz assured him. Elijah nodded his head and wiped his eyes.
"Where's my son man?" Elijah asked.
"Come on, I'll bring you to his room" Jigz said.
***
Elijah looked through the little glass window on the door. Jada's head was rested on the bed and her hand was placed on his JoJo's stomach. JoJo had an IV connected to his arm. Elijah opened the door and fully stepped into the room. Jada slowly lifted her head up when she felt someone's presence. Her face soften when she locked eyes with Elijah.
"Is he alright? What happened?" Elijah asked as he stepped closer to his son bedside.
"He's fine now. The doctors said he has asthma." Jada said as tears fell from his eyes.
"He was wheezing, his lips turned purple and he couldn't breath" Jada cried. Elijah stood her up and wrapped his arms around her as she cried harder. Jada clinched his hoody.
"I didn't know what to do because I was so scared. I was so scared....I thought he was going to die." She cried into his chest.

"Shhh don't say that. He's fine now and that's all that matter." Elijah said as he comforted her. Her face was buried in his chest as he held her tight rubbing the back of her neck like he always did whenever she would cry. They was quickly interrupted by a nurse knocking and opening the door.
"Oh, I'm sorry to interrupt" the older white lady said as she held papers in her hand. Jada pulled away from Elijah and quickly wiped her eyes before speaking.
"It's fine. This is Josiah's father, Elijah" she said. The nurse gladly shook Elijah's hand.
"So he's doing fine, but he does have Asthma." The nurse said looking through her papers.
"I had Asthma as a child, and my dad still has it  so it's probably genetic. " Elijah said. The nurse nodded.
"Yes it is genetic so he inherited that from the paternal side." the nurse said nodding as she looked at Jada who still looked frightened. The nurse went on about what to do if he has another asthma attack and gave them some medication. Jada signed the discharge paper and Josiah was free to go.