Her Acquaintance, Reaper's Quarters

Zacznij od początku

Finny released a relieved sigh, though his eyes still held some of the worry he had previously. "I'm glad that you're feeling better, however I'm still worried about you in general... you know your... umm... mental health as they called it."

You froze up upon this, your eyes never once leaving Finny's whose anxious gaze remained on you. You could tell that he was greatly distressed, from the conflicted emotion that threatened to overflow from his gaze and the way his foot fidgeted against the stalks of ferns. 'Finny is really such a sweetheart,' you came to the conclusion. A tightening was felt in your chest, one that you weren't sure as to where it came from and you felt emotions overflow you as you stared at Finny.

Finny was startled when you quickly stepped forward toward him, his anxiety beginning to rise as he tried to figure out what you were doing. His mind went blank for a moment, barely processing the fact that as of that moment you were tightly hugging him.

You didn't care that Finny had frozen up once you had given him the hug. For countless months Finny had always sure that you were okay and had always worried over you. All you had done was given him a simply thank you, now you wanted to express more of that gratitude - even if it was nothing but a simple hug. 'I have to thank Finny in a better way.'

Your arms had snaked their way around Finny's slim, but lean torso, coming to grasp onto the fabric of his shirt. Burrowing your head into his lean chest, you caught the steady smell of soil and lavender from his being. "Thank you," was what you whispered at the same time you tightened your hold in him. "Thank you for always worrying about me."

Two pair of arms slowly wrapped themselves around you, pressing you further into the soft, yet firm chest of Finny. You further relaxed into the embrace, greatly enjoying the feeling and soon you wanted nothing more to remain in the position forever. 'He feels safe and reassuring...'

"Yoohoo! (Y/N)! Finny!"

The two of you instantly pulled away from the embrace, each of your faces lit up red in embarrassment from having been caught in the position.

"Mey-Rin!" You yelled out, embarrassed that she and Baldroy had caught Finny and you in the act, but somewhat resentful that the two of you had been split apart.

"We've been looking around for the two of you for a while," Baldroy tiredly stated. "It's been a while since the four of us has actually had a chance to sit down and talk. All of our work and the young masters busy schedule hasn't really given us any time to do so."

"That's true. I really have missed hanging out with all of you," you stated.

"Oh! We should go out on a picnic like we done last time!" Mey-Rin suggested excitedly. "It's been months since we've done something like that and it would be a good way to spend time together."

Baldroy nodded his head, showing his agreement in Mey-Rin's proposition. "That's a great idea Mey-Rin. I like your way of thinking."

"Oh!" Mey-Rin blushed out, her index fingers tapping against each other while she glanced away embarrassed. "I'm glad you like it."

Your gaze glanced between both Mey-Rin and Baldroy, noting the close proximity between the two servants and slowly a knowing smile crept onto your face. There was no putting it past that there was something unspoken going on between the two of them, one that you definitely supported.

"Maybe the young master might let us have a day off so we can all head to the town together!" Finny happily inputted. "It would be fun being able to go shopping with all of you."

"That's if the young master would even allow it, not to mention Sebastian," Bard intervened in saying. "You know what Sebastian's like when it comes to us getting our duties completed. Why this morning he was complaining again about me using me flame thrower on the food. Said that me doing so only ruined the food." He bit down on to his cigarette before sighing out as he took it out. "He has no idea that using a flame thrower is a work of art."