Her Acquaintance, Demon Butler

You watched uncertain as he once again straightened up to head over to the door of your room. The sound of murmured talking was heard followed by the noise of footsteps dashing off down the hall. With whatever he had asked the other was done, Sebastian headed back inside the room, softly closing the door behind him.

"I told the young master that you would be unable to perform your duties for the day," Sebastian stated as he began to head back to your side. "He gave you the day off. He seems to be real worried about you as do the others. They offered to take over your chores for the day."

You however, remained quiet, doing nothing but watching Sebastian as he stopped next to your bedside. Sitting down on the bed besides your legs, he worriedly glanced your way. "(Y/N), I know that you can hear me. Can you tell me what you dreamed?"

You were quiet, your gaze flickered to Sebastian's own unwavering one before glancing away every so often. Finally after a while, you pulled yourself up from where you laid, drawing your legs in to rest your chin on top of them.

"It was a nightmare about my past," you told him, your voice cracking due to the fact that your throat was dry. Oh how you needed water badly. Maybe it would help to remove the vile taste that lingered in the back of your throat.

"Was there a chance that it was about... the death of your parents?" Sebastian slowly asked you, but you shook your head to his question. "Then what was it about?"

You let out a small noise before shifting up to where you were now fully attentive to Sebastian. "It was after my parents had died. There was a family friend, a guy who had known my father since their time in college. I never knew his first name as I had always called him Mr. Malcom."

It was then that a knock was heard on the door causing the two of you to glance your way over toward it. "You may come in," Sebastian called out. With that, the door slowly opened and in peeked Finny with a anxious expression on his face.

As he made his way into the room, his eyes immediately slid over to where you sat in your bed. In his hand was a glass of water that you could only assume was meant for you. What caught your attention was the small bag that he carried in his other hand. "(Y/N)... are you alright?" He asked you, his eyes wide in anxiety.

"I'll be fine Finny. You don't have to worry at all," you told him though your exhausted tone told him otherwise.

"Get as much rest as you want to," Finny stated as he headed over to the side, barely registering the fact that Sebastian was next to you. "Here Sebastian had me go and get you something to drink," he said as he handed you the glass of water.

"Oh, this was also left for you at the front of the manor," he added in as he set the bag onto your night stand.

"Thanks Finny," you told him with a small smile as you took the glass from him. It felt so much better to swallow down the cold liquid and you immediately felt rested afterword. Finny took the empty glass from your hands and with one last worried glance back he left the room.

The atmosphere was quiet for a while before Sebastian turned back to look at you. "So this family friend. Did you like him?"

"...I mean he was a good friend to my father and mother, so I trusted him. He had become a part of the family and we all trusted him," you quietly said. "He was the type of guy who thought that magic-users deserved rights and liberties. My parents always hid it from me, but I knew that he would always go to protest, even if it meant using force..."

"And what happened."

You let out a sigh before glancing up to gaze into Sebastian's eyes. "It was after my parents had died. I had no other family - my other relatives were dead - so Malcom took me in and raised me."