His Butler, Competing

Start from the beginning

Upon turning around the corner it was then that you noticed the plum purple hair of Prince Soma from where he sat on the stone edge of a fountain. You watched him for a second, noting the disheartened expression on his face.

"Prince Soma so that's where you were," you said out loud catching his attention causing him to widen his eyes and glance to the side desolate.

"(Y/N) what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the curry festival? Hasn't it started yet?" Prince Some asked you quietly as you made your way over toward him to sit next to his side.

"Yeah it has, but I was more worried about you," you said to him instantly gaining his attention. "I saw you leaving the curry festival and decided to follow you. I had to see how you were doing. What's wrong? I can tell you are upset."

Prince Soma was quiet for a second before he let out a sigh. "I ran into Mina when we first came here," he said quietly.

"Shouldn't that be a good thing?" You asked him only to then notice that his hands had clinched on his sherwani and knew that what she had said was definitely a bad thing.

"She said that she hated me, that it was my fault for the torment she went through back in India," Prince Soma said sadly. "She said due to her being born into a lower cast in the caste system, that raising me was nothing but torture," he let out a choked sob and you could only stare at him distressed.

"Sebastian was right," Prince Soma said bitterly. "I really do lose everybody I love. Nobody loves me and everything I have is nothing but from my parents. I really am nothing but a child."

"Prince Soma don't think that way," you went on to say as you placed your hand onto his arm causing him to glance at you. "I can understand what Mina means with the struggle of being born into a lower caste. In a way I sorta went through the same thing when I was younger," you said bitterly.

"But," you glanced up into his wide eyes. "This wasn't ever your fault at all. You were never the one who implanted the caste system nor could you be blamed for the difficulty that she went through. You were nothing but a child so you shouldn't have been blamed. And don't go saying that no one loves you. Agni loves you and I know that for a fact just look at what's he's doing."

"He probably decided to help West because he didn't want me to know the truth about Mina," Prince Soma said and it was then that you began to notice that he was quivering in his place. "He probably wanted to protect me from what happened."

"Exactly, so don't say that no one loves you and I'm sure the household of Phantomhive will come to love you as well." You noticed that his eyes had begun to mist up and it was suddenly then that you felt two arms encircle around your body and you were stunned to find Prince Soma hugging you.

"Thank you, thank you so much (Y/N)," Prince Soma whispered in your ear causing you to widen your eyes.

"Prince Soma," you whispered out only for him to pull back from you.

"Soma," Prince Soma said suddenly catching you aback. "I would like it if you called me Soma."

A look of surprise cross your face before a smile appeared on it. "Alright, Soma," you told him sweetly. "Why don't we go somewhere," you said as you stood to your feet and reached a hand down to him. "We don't have to go to the curry festival right now, but we can just head around the exhibition."

"Well if you say so," Prince Soma- no Soma said. He took your hand and stood up from where he sat and you gave him a smile. The two of you began to make your way throughout the Crystal Palace. It was then that Soma came to a stop in front of a statue and you glanced over to see that it was the statue of Kali.