Her Acquaintance, Puzzles and Spells

Start from the beginning

"Be sure you look after yourself!" You heard the Undertaker say from behind you and a smile crept onto your face as you waved to him good bye from behind your shoulder. 'Let's see I should be able to get back to the manor at the same time that Sebastian wanted to train me at. Jeez it's been a while since we've last trained and I already know that I'm not as good as I was previously. Let's just hope Sebastian doesn't go to hard on me.' You thought as you made your way through the busy streets of the town.

A couple of passer biers pushed into your shoulders and you shot them a dirty glare as you watched as they headed their way down the street. 'They could at least apologize,' you thought watching as they carried on before letting out a sigh yourself. Lately, the streets were a lot more busier than before and you couldn't stop from being jostled as you headed in the direction of the Phantomhive Manor. 'Times like this it would be nice to take a shortcut,' was all you could think before you came to a stop in front of one of the alley ways.

You glanced down the dark alley way, seeing that there was no body there. 'In normal situations I wouldn't wander through the street, but with the streets busy,' you cast a look back at the people and shuddered. 'This would be the quickest way back to the manor. I don't even want to think what Sebastian would make me do if I was a minute late.' Squaring up your shoulders you began to make your way through the alley way, jumping over large dirty puddles in a way to quickly get back to the manor.

'I still can't believe it's been 10 months since I've been in the Black Butler dimension,' you said lost in thought. 'I never knew that each episode took such a long period of time from each other in the anime. What sucks is that I still haven't met Prince Soma or Agni yet.'

It was suddenly then that you heard noise coming from behind you and you spun around to see what it was just as soon as a clammy hand grip across your mouth just as your back was slammed against the brick wall behind you knocking your breath away. Your breath squinted up, blurry from the tears to find a middle age grimy looking man leering down at you, his foul breath overpowering your senses.

Your body froze for a second, your mind flashing back to the Trancy Manor, remembering the cold grip of the former head Trancy's hand gripped in your hair and the leering face that he had gave you. Your heart began to race faster as you tried to remind yourself that that wasn't who was facing you right now and that you were in another worse situation that you needed to focus on.

You felt his other hand grasp onto your neck and begin to squeeze causing you to reach up and pull at his hands in an attempt to make him release you. 'I going to have to use magic,' you could barely register thinking and just as you were about to say a chant another voice was heard.

You could barely register the fact that you were dropped down to the ground and you watched with blurred eyes as your assaulter was chased off down the alley. "Are you okay?" Came a voice and you glanced up to see a blurred figure that seemed to have blonde hair. You couldn't respond due to the fact that your ears were ringing and that your vision was blurry. "Shit," the person said. "She must have really been knocked out."

You felt your body be placed against the wall and you watched as the person crouch down in front of you. "Miss?" You blinked your eyes allowing them to clear up and it was then you noticed who was in front of you.

An older boy with blonde hair and emerald eyes stood in front of you and you let out a gasp upon recognizing him. "Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you," the boy said as he raised up his hands as he took a step back. "I'm Edward Midford, how are you feeling?"

You raised a hand to touch your throat, flinching from the soreness from where the guy had choked you. "Thank you for saving me," you croaked out to him to which he gave you a grin and nodded his head.