Chapter 5

Reid's POV
"Katalina?" Morgan stated shocked. The Matthews started crying, but I knew it wasn't because of Katalina.
   "It's not Katalina." I said, gaining everyone's attention. I paid no attention to anyone in the room, except the Matthews. "You knew it was Katherine all along, didn't you." I said calmly. They said nothing, and stared at the ground. "ANSWER ME!" I yelled, having enough of this.
   "Yes, we did!" Mrs Matthews cried.
   "Wait, are you saying that this person in the video isn't Katalina, but someone else?" Prentiss asked in the background.
   "It's her twin, Katherine." I answered them.
   "But Garcia would have found this information while looking at the Matthews family." JJ stated.
   "After Katalina left, Katherine took Katalina and herself off the grid." Mr Matthews said quietly.
   "Well, we have our female Unsub." Rossi announced.
   "Why would she do this?" Gideon asked the couple. They stayed quiet, deep in thought.
   "We don't know." Mr Matthews finally said. "It was weird; one day she's happy and then the next day she's threatening to kill us."
   "Why was she threatening you?" Morgan asked them.
   "She told us to kick Katalina out or else we die, along with Katalina. She never told us why though." Mrs Matthews explained.
   "Jealousy?" Prentiss suggested.
   "Might be. . ." Morgan said. "I mean, we saw little information about Katalina. Big IQ, eidetic memory, and can read like 20, 000 words per minute."
   "Katherine doesn't mind Katalina being smart though. Whenever she says a fact, Katherine will just ignore it." I stated.
   "Maybe she's jealous because Katalina had a boyfriend?" JJ suggested. We all stayed quiet thinking...well, they were looking at the Matthews and I to see if we will correct them.
   "Katherine didn't have a boyfriend." Mr Matthews agreed, turning to me if I had any idea.
   "I think she actually kind of had a thing for me." I said thoughtfully, placing a kiss on Annabel Lee's head when she moved slightly in my arms.
   "That's why Katherine wanted Katalina gone!" Morgan exclaimed.
   "But isn't that too much though? All because of jealousy? There has to be more than this." Hotch said. We all agreed and stood there thinking.
   "Do you know if Katherine hangs out with a guy recently?" Gideon asked the couple.
   "Michael Harvard." Mrs Matthews said immediately.
   "What?" I growled. Michael Harvard was one of the bullies that bullied both Katalina and I. He would normally verbal bully Katalina, causing me to be in fights with him for bullying her. He would normally beat me up. Our parents know Michael Harvard and doesn't like him.
   "I don't know why she does, we don't approve of it. Both of them would be going out somewhere, wearing hoodies and such. We stayed up late once, and saw them bring in both of those girls. Then we heard that the next day they're dead. That's all we know." Mr Matthews revealed.
   "I gotta go and see if Katalina is okay. And I have more questions for her." I announced, getting ready to leave with Annabel Lee still in my arms.
   "Do you want us to look after Annabel when you leave?" JJ asked me.
   "No, Annabel Lee would want to come. She's really concerned why her mother is in the hospital." I answered, grabbing the keys to one of the SUV cars.
   "Be careful. Make sure no one is paying attention to you or Annabel Lee." Rossi told me. "I will." I said, leaving the building.
***
Katalina's POV
"You will be able to leave the hospital soon." a nurse told me.
   "Okay, thank you." I mumbled, giving her a small smile. She returned the gesture before leaving the room, holding it open for someone I couldn't see yet. Annabel came rushing into the room, smiling widely at me when she saw me.
   "Mummy!" she exclaimed, running over to my left side.
   "Hey baby!" I said back, grinning down at her. She attempted to hop on the bed, making me laugh, along with someone else. I looked at the doorway and saw Spencer standing there, watching the both of us. He closed the door behind him, before walking over to us and helping Annabel Lee up.
   "Be careful, Mummy is still hurt." Spencer warned her. She simply nodded her head and moved carefully, so she was now hugging me gently.
   "What do you say to Daddy?" I asked her, knowing they spent some time together before they came here.
   "Thank you Daddy." she said, giving him an adorable smile.
   "So what's happening?" I asked Spencer, half listening to Annabel talk.
   "We questioned your parents and they saw Annabel." he said reluctantly.
   "What?" I asked alarmed.
   "Yeah, your parents saw her." he said glumly.
   "You didn't-"
   "Let them hold her? No, I didn't. I actually threatened to arrest them if they were near her or you." he explained.
   "Let me guess, you also threatened to kill them?" I guessed, watching him closely. He looked down with a guilty look, making me laugh but stop quickly when pain struck me at the ribs.
   "Are you okay?" the both of them asked me.
   "Yeah, just have to be careful with the ribs, I'm fine." I said, reassuring them. Spencer then quickly explained what happened, with them finding out who the killer -or should I say killers- are. "Wow, Katherine and Michael are the Unsubs?" I asked in disbelief. I knew Michael was trouble, but I didn't expect him to be a killer.
   "Yeah, we're're trying to look for their location now." he told me. Annabel was sleeping next to me, tired of listening to us about serious stuff.
   "Was Katherine ever strange to you before you left?" he asked me.
   "I would get a dirty look from her once in a while." I said, shrugging.
   "Did she have a thing for me?" he asked me.
   "Yeah, she actually threatened to hurt me if I tell you, or be with you." I said hesitantly.
   "Why did you agree to go out with me then?" he asked me. "I mean, it was okay to reject me, I would have understood."
   "I don't know, I couldn't help the feelings I got for you. Believe me, I tried to keep away from you, but I just couldn't. You were my best friend, the only one who understood me. I was the youngest, so I was watched and under pressure, but I wasn't favorite child or anything. Katherine was since she was normal." I explained quietly. Spencer said nothing to me, and moved towards me so he was sitting on the other side of me.
   "Katalina Mary Matthews, don't you ever say that again." he told me seriously. "You are by far, the most normal human being I have ever met. Don't go denying it, because it's true. I don't care if you're watched over, I don't care if you're stalked, I don't care if you get a disease or anything! Just know, that I truly, deeply am in love with you because you are you. The way you are is normal for me. You understand me, you're just like me but a girl version and is very beautiful. I don't know what I would have done if you were never in my life." he told me, never moving his gaze from my eyes. All I did was stare back, tears threatening to fall down my face. I love Spencer, he just knows what to say to me just like I know what to say to him. He's truly my soul mate and I am glad I had his child. And I am exactly like him...I don't care if he turns into a schizophrenic person, I love him no matter what. Even if he rules the world evilly, I will still be by his side.
   I moved closer to him, and placed my lips on his, making sure I show him my love through this. It seems it did because he kissed me harder, placing a hand on my cheek, and moved my face closer. For the rest of the day, Spencer and Annabel Lee stayed with me, enjoying a family time that we always wished for. Spencer told his team and they didn't mind, since they need me in protection from my own twin sister and old bully. Even if I'm hunted down, I still feel happy that I'm spending some time with Spencer and our daughter for once.
***
Prentiss's POV
"Miss Evalyne?" I asked from the front door. Hotch told JJ and I to visit the recent victim, so we can get more information about Katherine and Michael. Reid and Katalina must be taking this hard - I mean, they used to hang with each other when they were little.
   The door opened by an inch, and saw half of her face, looking frightened. "Who-who are you?" she asked frightened.
   "I'm SSA Agent Emily Prentiss, this is Jennifer Jareau, we're from the FBI." I introduced, showing her my badge. "May we come in?" I continued. She looked at the both of us with wide eyes, before hesitantly moving away, opening the door wider.
   "Ma'am, are you okay?" JJ asked her, seeing the recent victim fidget nervously.
   "Yeah, still shocked that I almost died." she said, making us nod in understanding.
   "We would like to ask you some questions." I stated, looking around the living room.
   "Go ahead." she said.
   "Did you ever notice anything strange this past week?" JJ asked her.
   "I saw the murders of the women, and I got scared because it matched my description. Then this guy around twenty five would be wherever I go so I try to stay in the house as possible." she answered.
   "The person who saved you earlier, did that person say anything to you?" I asked her.
   "She said she saw the news so when she saw me at the park she kept an eye on me." she answered.
   "How did the woman know you were about to get shot?" JJ asked her.
   "She said the woman looked really suspicious, and she saw a gun in the woman's pocket." she answered.
   "Thank you for answering these questions. We will leave you now." I said, standing up with JJ following.
   "Will I be okay?" she asked us anxiously.
   "We think so. But to be sure, lock everything at all times." JJ said. We said goodbye to her, before we drove back to the station.
   "So Katherine keeps a gun with her at all times." I stated.
   "And Michael is the one that stalks them." JJ added.
   "I think we're ready for the profile." I announced.