Chapter 8

Reid's POV

It's been a week since Katherine was arrested, and it's been a week since I had killed Michael. I feel no regret whatsoever - but I do feel slightly sorry for his family...a bit. Since then, everyday Annabel and I would visit Kat who is still in a coma. We realized she was in a coma when she didn't wake up the next day. I kept to my promise, and brought Annabel over to meet my mother. Mum was happy, always telling Annabel stories about me and Kat when we were little. I explained to mum about why Kat wasn't here with us at the moment, making her sad and go into an episode. Before I took her to the Mental Institute, she couldn't handle me being broken about Kat's disappearance so when I told her about Kat not being here, it brought back memories about the day when Kat disappeared.

Kat's parents would visit her in the hospital, but not when Annabel and I were in there. I still kept to my word and don't want them to meet Annabel...yet. It's up to Kat if she wants her parents to meet their granddaughter. Annabel knew that she hasn't met her other grandparents, but did not question it, knowing it's a bit of a problem. She is really smart. "She's got your brains." Morgan told me at Je taime, when me, Annabel and the team were out eating for once, finally getting Annabel and I out of the hospital.

"Actually, baby's who breastfeed more gets a bigger IQ." I told them. They cringed slightly at the fact, making me smile.

"I can't look at breastfeeding the same way anymore. Thinking that the baby's are getting smarter than their own parents." Prentiss said, making us laugh.

"Annabel must have drunken a lot from her mother." Morgan said, making them laugh again.

"Drunk a wot of what?" Annabel asked us innocently, finally paying attention to our conversation from getting distracted by looking around the restaurant.

"It's nothing, honey. Adult stuff." I told her, sending a glare at Morgan, who raised his arms up in surrender.

"You started it!" he exclaimed.

"You actually started it, by saying my daughter has my brains." I argued.

"Actually, baby's who breastfeed more gets a bigger IQ." Annabel said absently, playing with a spare tie of mine. We all looked at each other shocked, before we turned our gaze to my daughter.

"Where did you learn that?" I asked her.

"I asked mummy if I was smart because I got it from her, but she said no and said that it came from breastfeeding." Annabel answered, giving me a cute smile.

"She just told you that?" JJ asked her.

"No, I wed it from a book. Mummy confirmed it. She actually looked shocked when I told her it." Annabel said. We looked at each other for a couple of minutes, before we started laughing. That was probably the first time I had laughed since Kat got shot. We continued that night filled with laughter and smiles, until it was time to rest. I had to carry Annabel back to our hotel room -not that I minded- and fell asleep next to her immediately.

***

"We can't leave yet!" I argued to Hotch. "Kat hasn't woken up yet!"

"Reid, we don't live here. We have to go back to Quantico." Hotch said patiently. We were outside of Kat's hospital room, Annabel talking to her inside since she knew that 'Mummy can hear us when we talk to her'. Hotch came to the hospital to tell me the news about leaving. "We can't stay here until she wakes up. The others are getting tired staying in the hotel room." Hotch continued.

"Get them to go then, I'm staying!" I argued, glaring at him.

"Reid, you know we can't do that." Hotch said.

"Well what about Annabel Lee? She just started Pre-School!" Hotch's gaze softened slightly. Annabel instantly got everyone's attention. They all love her and including Garcia, who talked to her through a video call.

"She can come with us to Quantico and start school there." Hotch reasoned.

"What about Kat? We can't just leave her here!" I said sharply. Before we can talk about this anymore, Annabel opened the door with a big smile.

"Daddy! Mummy moved! She moved!" Annabel squealed. I quickly scooped her in my arms, and entered the hospital room without Hotch, and quickly went to Kat's side. We waited patiently, until her hand moved again.

"Kat!" I whispered happily. I quickly placed Annabel on the side of the bed, and sat on the chair, holding Kat's hand. "Kat, if you can hear me, squeeze my hand." I said softly. We waited for a second that felt like hours, and I felt another squeeze. I gasped amazed, and moved closer to the bed. "Come on Kat, wake up. Your family is waiting for you." I said softly.

"Yeah, come on mummy. Wake up!" Annabel whispered. Slowly, Kat's eyes opened slowly, along with a tired moan.

"Press the button to call the nurse." I told Annabel, leaning over Kat's body. Annabel listened to me, and pressed the button for a nurse. A nurse came in along with a doctor and they checked Kat's health. I looked back at Kat, who looked to her right tiredly.

"Miss Matthews, are you all right?" the doctor asked her. She said nothing, only closing her eyes, falling asleep. I instantly got worried.

"Don't worry, when patients that got shot wake up, they feel extremely tired. Katalina was injured before she got shot though, so she's more tired when waking up than a normal person would." the doctor explained to me.

"Can she fly though?" I asked him. The doctor and nurses looked through Kat's folder again, talking to each other quietly about it.

"She can fly, but if she's like this still, then she has to go on a helicopter with some people that will take care of her in there." the doctor finally said.

"Where will she be going?" the nurse asked me

 "Quantico, Virginia." I said quickly.

"She can fly there." they confirmed. I said thank you to them, before they left.

"Are we going somewhere?" Annabel asked me curiously.

"We're going to Quantico, where I live." I told her. I looked at the window that showed the hallway of the hospital, and saw that Hotch left. I know we'll be having a talk later on though.