Chapter 15

Reid's POV

"'Sup lover boy!" Morgan greeted from his desk.

"Hi." I mumbled, too distracted to pay attention to him.

"You all right? You seem distracted." he asked worried.

"Nothing, just a man at the park was staring at Annabel Lee in a creepy way the other day." I told him.

"Did you arrest him?" he asked shocked. Dammit! Why didn't I think of that? Seeing my look, he shook his head sadly.

"I was panicking, I mean I just got her back, I didn't want to lose her again or anything." I explained defensively.

"Well he's gone now, right?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I didn't see him the rest of the day." I answered.

"That's good then." he said, before going back to work. I looked around the room, and spotted Prentiss on a Rubik's Cube.

"Did you know a Rubik's Cube has 4,325,003,274,489,856,000 possible positions?" I told her. True fact.

"Nope." she answered, looking at the cube with concentration.

"That's a big number." Morgan commented.

"I know, right?" I agreed.

"Hey, did you hear? Apparently they're placing a grand piano in the BAU." Prentiss told us, placing the cube away.

"Really? Why?" I asked her shocked.

"Apparently these people don't have a place to put the piano in the designated spot, so we're looking after it for a while. While we're looking after it, it can be for people who can play piano when they're on break." she explained.

"That's kind of lame." Morgan stated.

"Who can play the piano?" I asked them.

"You can." Prentiss stated.

"Only one song, though." I said. "Who knows, it might be someone's secret talent in this room."

2 hours later

Everyone in the team was in the kitchen area, having our lunch, when we suddenly heard piano playing. "Ooh, who's playing?" Garcia squealed, hopping out of her seat. We followed suit, and walked into the main room to see. . .

   "Kat?" I asked shocked. She was on the grand piano, playing a tune with a smile on her face. Annabel was next to her, smiling with her eyes closed. "What are they doing here?" I asked nobody in particular.

"Wow, she's good." JJ commented. Eventually the song ended, making everyone clap. Kat jumped at the applause, blushing a beautiful scarlet shade. The team and I walked up to them, smiles on our faces.

"Daddy!" Annabel exclaimed, jumping into my arms.

"Hey sweetheart!" I said back, kissing her cheek. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked them.

"Well, this was at the door when I woke up, " Kat said, showing me Illustrate Man, the book I was reading. "And I thought you might have dropped it on your way to work." she explained.

"I was actually wondering where I placed that book." I said, taking it from her hands, Annabel still in my arms. "Thanks, " I said, giving her a kiss. The team 'aw'ed, making us blush.

"I didn't know you guys had a piano." Kat said, looking at the piano with a smile.

"We just got it. It was for the people who were on break, and know how to play piano. But we're just looking after it for a while for some people." Garcia explained.

"Weird." Kat commented.

"I didn't know you played piano." Rossi said.

"Well, when Annabel was an infant, I wanted to know how to play so I can play lullabies for her so she can fall asleep." Kat explained.

"What were you just playing?" Hotch asked her curiously.

"River Flows in You by Yiruma." Kat answered.

"It was beautiful." I told her, making her blush.

"Yeah, it was this little one's favorite song when I played." she said, kissing Annabel's cheek. "I better get going. . ." Kat started.

"Wait! Can you play one more song?" Garcia begged. Soon everyone started asking her, including Hotch!

"Okay, okay!" Kat laughed, blushing at the same time. She sat back down, and I sat next to her, Annabel sitting in my lap. She then started playing a song, that Prentiss, Garcia, and JJ knew immediately.

"Oh my god, it's Bella's Lullaby!" they squealed. Kat giggled at their excitement, but continued playing.

"Bella's Lullaby?" Morgan repeated, confused.

"From Twilight." Garcia breathed out, watching Kat amazed.

"Edward played the song for Bella." JJ explained. We watched and listened silently, all the way to the end. Like before, everyone clapped.

***

I waited for the elevator to open for my two favorite girls, talking to them while waiting. "Thanks for bringing my book and the little performance." I told Kat, smiling at her.

"You're welcome." she said.

"What happened to the piano you had?" I asked her.

"Sold it, I couldn't bring it with me to Nevada from New York." she said sadly. I know a present to buy for her. . .

The elevator dinged, making us say our farewells until later on. "I'll see you guys later, " I said, bringing them into a hug, Annabel in between us, in Kat's arms. I gave Kat a kiss on the lips briefly, kissing Annabel on the forehead, nuzzling her nose with mine lightly. Annabel giggled, kissing me on the cheek. They walked in the elevator, waving goodbye at me, until the doors closed. I turned around to head to my desk, to see the team staring at me, making me jump surprised. "How long were you guys there?" I asked them.

"Long enough." they said, smiling at me.

"You three are just so adorable!" Garcia gushed. They laughed at my flushed face, before they decided to leave me alone for now, and head back to work. I shook my head at my team's antics, heading for my desk with a smile on my face.