Chapter 4

Morgan's POV
Wow, this scene makes you wanna cry. Actually, it's already making people cry. JJ and Prentiss are cooing over this while wiping away the tears. Hotch is smiling at the scene, tears in his eyes. Rossi smiled, and only one tear rolled down his cheek, the same with Gideon. It was a shock that Gideon was here, but I somehow knew that he would help since he met Katalina and Annabel Lee. I just smiled at the scene, and took our laptop out to video call Garcia. She answered on the first ring, seeing her grinning face. "What's up my Chocolate Thunder?" she chirped happily.
   "Hey Baby Girl, I have something that might make your day." I said, showing her through the window of Reid on the ground, hugging Annabel Lee tightly, tears rolling down his cheeks.
   "Oh my..." Garcia gasped, her hands flew to her mouth, tears forming in her eyes. "That is the best reunion I have ever seen. This truly made my day of worrying about you guys." Garcia ranted, wiping tears away.
   "Wishing you were here with us?" I guessed, seeing her envious look.
   "Very. I want to meet this little munchkin of his and gossip with JJ and Prentiss about this. Let me see the other's reaction." Garcia said, wiping away the tears under eyes to stop it from the make-up smudging on her face. I showed everyone's reaction, including Gideon's and Hotch's. "Oh wow, Hotch is smiling." Garcia whispered, looking at me with excitement. "Let me talk to my girls so we can squeal over this." she demanded, making sure she looked fine. I gave the laptop to Prentiss, and both JJ and Prentiss walked out of the room to squeal somewhere together in private. Us men watched Reid and Annabel for a while, before we walked out of the room. After everyone calmed down, we went to business. We arrived at the Matthews interrogation room and watched the couple.
   "I think the Matthews are alright now. Who wants to talk to them?" Hotch told us, watching the couple with narrowed eyes.
   "I'm not sure we girls can do it. We'll be too soft for their liking." JJ said, Prentiss agreeing.
   "I might just scare them." I said.
   "I might just make them cry with the knowledge I got of them by just profiling them." Gideon said.
   "They might not give me any information because I refused to show them Annabel Lee." Rossi stated.
   "I'll do it, but it's not my fault if I yell at them." I volunteered.
   "No. We can't be mad at them that quick, we need to be calm but if they won't give us anything we'll let the anger get to us." Hotch decided.
   "Are we allowed to yell at them when we're just asking them questions?" Prentiss asked unsure.
   "If this case is personal for Reid, it's personal for us. Either way, what they did to Katalina was not very nice. I would be like Spencer if it happened to Haley."  Hotch explained. We stayed silent for a while, until I spoke up.
   "Hotch, maybe you should do it." I said.
   "Alright." Hotch mumbled, entering the room. This should be good...
***
Hotch's POV
"Mr and Mrs Matthews." I greeted, showing no emotion like always. But inside, I am raging with fury. How could they do that to Katalina? She had to raise Annabel Lee all by herself. I'm shocked that she's still surviving after the pain she was given.
   The Matthews looked up, and quickly looked away. That's a sign that they're hiding something. "I'd like to ask you some questions without causing any drama." I stated, looking inside the case files.
   "How's Katalina?" Mrs Matthews spoke up. I ignored what she said, and showed them the recent pictures of the two victims.
   "Do you know these women?" I asked them calmly. They looked down at it, recognition floating in their eyes, before they turned blank.
   "No, why?" Mr Matthews answered.
   "Lie." I declared angrily. "You know them because you murdered them." I stated, looking at their shocked faces.
   "We did nothing!" Mrs Matthews cried.
   "So, you didn't do this?" I asked, showing them the dead bodies. They both gasped at the pictures, and looked away from it. "What, can't bear to look at your work?" I asked, making them glare at me.
   "We did nothing. We don't know them!" Mr Matthews said aloud.
   "With all due respect, with you kicking Katalina out and threatening her, it leads to you. These victims have the same thing in common with Katalina, and it's their looks. You killed these women to scare her." I said, ignoring their glares.
   "WE DIDN'T DO THEM!" Mrs Matthews yelled, banging her fist on the table.
   "THEN WHY KICK KATALINA OUT AND THEN TARGET HER?" I yelled back, slamming my hands on the table, standing up.
   "Don't talk to my wife like that!" Mr Matthews growled, standing up. I ignored what he said, and had a stare down with Mrs Matthews.
   "Why did you kick her out?" I repeated.
   "We needed to." she answered.
   "So giving her and Reid pain and making her disappear for five years with no one knowing, and lying to the police was needed. All because she was pregnant." I scoffed, glaring harder at them.
   "She needed it, and Spencer left town and got over it." Mr Matthews said bravely.
   "Is that so?" I said calmly, making them look unsure.
   "Yes, he never gave a glance back at this town when leaving." he said, sitting down next to his wife.
   "You must be stupid to think that." I said, making them look up at me. "Not giving a glance back at something is because the pain is too much for them, and wants to forget about it. When Reid came to this job, I knew something was wrong with him. I asked him why he wanted this job badly and he told me. Do you know what he said?" I explained waiting for their response. They shook their head, making me continue. I know what Reid said, I remember it like it was just yesterday. It left me so curious as to what happened that made him who he was.