Chapter 7

Reid's POV

Just when they were about to shoot, Gideon interfered. "Michael, why are you doing this? You shouldn't be here, this is between Katherine's love for Reid. This is just for the twins and him." he asked Michael.

"I hate Spencer. I used to bully him and his bitch of a girlfriend but I would do more than that." he answered, smiling evilly at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked hesitantly.

"When she is alone, I get my chance to touch her. I never raped her or anything, I would just touch her and boy did I like that. I bet you wondered why she would look traumatized, now you know." he said, smiling wider when I glared at him.

"You sick bastard." I spat, clenching my hands into fists.

"Any last words?" Katherine sneered, her finger at the trigger. Just when they were about to shoot me, we got interrupted again by someone tackling Katherine down. I looked closer and saw it was Kat.

"Kat!" I yelped, about to move towards her.

"Come closer and I will shoot her!" Michael called, his gun at Kat. I froze in my tracks and stared helplessly at Kat who was wrestling with her twin.

"How can you do this to us?" Kat cried, holding Katherine's hands above her head.

"Revenge!" Katherine snarled, pushing Kat off of her. She landed on her back, making her whimper slightly at the pain in her ribs.

"Kat." I whispered.

"Well, two kills in one day! That's something new." Katherine said enthusiastically.

"Just drop the gun Katherine! We don't want to hurt you!" Kat cried, clutching her ribs.

"MUMMY, DADDY!" I heard in the distance.

"Annabel!" Kat and I both said at the same time, looking at each other with wide eyes. We quickly looked in the direction we heard our daughter's voice, and saw her running towards us, JJ hot on her tails with a bullet proof vest on. What are they doing here? In approximately ten minutes they would be here with us.

"Ah, the whole family is here now." Katherine snickered, looking happy.

"Ain't she a beauty." Michael said, looking at Annabel hungrily.

"If you go anywhere near her, I will kill you." I snarled, my protective mode coming up.

"Hmm she should be easy. Kill the brat." Katherine said, smiling at Annabel's running figure.

Five minutes left...

Michael aimed the gun at Annabel, making Kat and I scream, "NOOOOOOOOO!".

Suddenly everything was in slow motion, Kat hopped off the ground, and immediately went in front of the gun, getting shot in the chest by Michael. "NOOOOOOOOO!" I screamed, hearing in the background Katherine's laughter, the team's yells and Annabel's scream of horror.

I charged at Michael, tackling him to the ground, pounding my fists into his face, while seeing in the corner of my eye Prentiss tackling Katherine down when she was laughing, distracted. "DIE-YOU-SON-OF-A-BITCH!" I screamed in between my punches. Morgan tried to pull me off Michael, but it didn't work since I had a tight grip on Michael, choking him. Finally, I was pulled off Michael by Morgan, Hotch, Rossi, Gideon and a policeman.

"REID, SNAP OUT OF IT, HE'S DEAD!" Morgan yelled above my cursing. I finally gave up, but not before I gave one last kick in Michael's side. Everyone looked at the scene in shock and horror, that a skinny tall man did that much damage to a buff guy. I'm shocked as well but if you mess with my family, I will kill you. Kat's parents are lucky because even though they betrayed her, she still loves them. Also because I'm not that cold. I looked around, and saw Katherine in handcuffs, looking at me shocked. "You are lucky that that wasn't you." I stated angrily, unconsciously taking a step towards her. She yelped in fear, taking a step backwards, crashing into the officer that was holding her.

"THAT'S WHAT SHE GETS FOR BETRAYING ME!" she yelled, just when she was pulled out of sight. I quickly ignored everyone, and went to Kat's side, seeing Prentiss putting pressure to the wound.

"How's she doing?" I asked concerned, helping put pressure on Kat.

"She's still breathing." Prentiss stated, pressing harder.

"Is Annabel-"

"She's safe, didn't get shot. She didn't see you kill Michael though, JJ quickly pulled her away after she saw Katalina get shot." Prentiss told me.

"Why were they here in the first place?" I mumbled, looking around for the paramedics. Where the hell are they? We are right in front of the hospital!

"JJ got a text saying that we were at the hospital all safe and that we got them. Garcia tracked the number and saw it was from Katherine's phone." Prentiss explained.

"Damn." I cursed.

"Spen...cer." I heard Kat say.

"I'm here, I'm here." I cooed, taking one hand off to stroke her hair.

"Annabel..." she whispered, wincing slightly.

"She's alright, you saved her." I assured her, taking my vest off and pressing it on her chest. Kat groaned at the contact, making me apologize to her repeatedly. "You're going to be okay, you're going to be okay." I kept repeating.

"Spence, calm...down. It missed...important organs." she whispered. "If I do die, " she continued, looking up at the sky.

"NO! Don't think that." I exclaimed, panicking.

"Just know that I l...love you...and Annabel." she said, like I never spoke.

"Please! Stop!" I cried, tears pouring down my face.

"I love you." she croaked out, tears in her eyes.

"I love you too!" I said through my sobbing. I bent down and kissed her on the lips, moving away to see her eyes closed. "Kat? Kat, wake up. Come on baby, they are coming. The paramedics are here, wake up!" I cried, seeing the paramedics finally arrive. They immediately pushed out of my way, taking Kat away for surgery. I quickly followed after them, until I reached the surgery room, when they didn't allow me in. One of the nurses gave me a wet towel to wipe my hands in, seeing I still had her blood in my hands.

"Daddy!" I heard Annabel call. I quickly turned around to see Annabel with the team, tears pouring down her face.

"Annabel," I said quietly, bringing her into a hug. We both cried in each others arms, scared that Kat might not make it. While we were crying and hugging, JJ came and brought the both of us in her arms. Prentiss then came and joined the hug, followed by Morgan, Rossi, Gideon and then Hotch. All of us stayed in a group hug with Annabel and I in the middle, until a doctor came.

"Katalina Matthews?" he asked. We quickly got out of the group hug and looked at the doctor anxiously. He gave us a warm smile, before telling us the news. "She made it through surgery, though we lost her for a minute. Her ribs broke again and has a big concussion." he explained to us.

"Thank you." I breathed out, hiding my face in my daughter's hair.

"Can we see her?" JJ asked for me.

"Yes, room 168 on the second floor. Two at a time though." he said, before leaving us. We quickly rushed to the elevator and clicked the second floor, and waited patiently. The elevator finally made the ding noise and opened for us.

"Why don't you go and find mummy's room?" I told Annabel. She nodded eagerly, before hopping out of my arms and running ahead of us. We all then started looking for room 168.

"Daddy, daddy! Found it!" Annabel called from ahead of us. We quickly caught up and saw she did find the room.

"Good job sweetie." I murmured, giving her a kiss on the head.

"Both of you should go first." Gideon suggested. I nodded my thanks to them, before Annabel and I walked inside quietly. We looked over at the bed and saw Kat with her eyes closed, a mask over her mouth and nose so she can breathe in. Her heart rate is going nice and calm, which is good.

She's gonna live.

Annabel quickly rushed to Kat's side and held her hand. I went and followed her, but sitting in the opposite side of her. I grabbed Kat's left hand and placed a kiss on it, before I kept it in my hand, rubbing circles on it.