chapter 9

Chapter 9

“ jay, hun what’s wrong ?”

“kyle cheated on me .” she said while she sobbed. I pulled her into my arms and shut the door behind us . I let go of her and pulled us to the couch . I pulled her back into my arms .

“ I saw him ell “ she said trying to stop crying

“ what did you see him doing.”  I asked her . trying to piece together this story .

“who are they?” she said looking over my shoulder I looked to where she was and could not help but blush at the sight of them . but I had no idea what to say .

“um . they um ..” I stuttered out . I cant tell her there my mates .. can I ?. but I was saved by Estelle saying

“ we are some friends of hers from college.” Estelle said .im not going to lie , there was a pang in my heart when she said just friends . ive been friend zoned…. I almost slept with them. As if he noticed the change in my attitude Britton spoke up .

“ell can you come here for a sec.?” britton asked . I hesitated for a moment, not looking at them , I looked down at jayna

“ ill be back jay there is ice cream in the freezer and vodka in the fridge “ I said . knowing exactly what she needed . needless to say this is not the first broken heart she has had . still not looking at them I walked by them and down to my room . they walked in and britton shut the door behind him . I kept my face down. Man my feet and that floor look mighty fine together I thought,   until britton walked up to me and put his finger under my chin to get me to look at him.

“whats wrong love?”  he asked gently

“ I think I am the first person in history to be friend zoned by both of their mates. And not even 5 minutes after almost having sex…. I.” I was cut off by lips hitting mine

“didn’t those books of yours teach you anything?” he chuckled I frowned.

“This is not funny britton” I scolded

“ sweetheart , we cant tell anyone that we are shifters. So telling her that we are mates would be a bit weird right. ?” he smiled  arms wrapped around me

“ I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings love . I panicked” she said sadly. “I never want to hurt you .” she then whispered I wiggled out of his grasp to turn to face Estelle .

“im sorry I should have known what was going on. im just being a sexually frustrated drama queen . “ I smiled at her . she giggled .

“ go back to your friend before I rip your clothes off .”She chuckled while kissing my neck .

“ we will see you after work love”  britt kissed my forehead as they let go of me and walked into the hallway towards the front door .

“ hey jay im going to walk them to their car and I will be back up” I told her as we passed the kitchen.  I walked them outside.

I follow the duo to the elevator . the doors shut slowly .As soon as the doors are fully closed and the decent begins the sexual tension in this elevator is almost to much . I squirm around trying to manage my hormones . I see Estelle and britt doing the same. Thank all that is holy that I only live on the third floor and the ride is not long. The door slides open and we make our way thru the lobby. When the doors open to the outside cold wind hits us Estelle and I have the same thought, we both move to brittons side and cuddle close to him as we walk to their car. Wow ! they had a nice car or SUV it was a 2014 all blacked out range rover .

“ nice car” I say in amazement. I assumed it was brittons cause I mean boys and their toys and it looked manly .

“thanks “ pipes up Estelle .

“ its yours?” I ask her in a surprised tone

“ she Yup” she said popping the p . “ its my baby” she stated smiling proudly .

“ I wish you two didn’t have to leave “ I say sadly . damn I sound like a whiny clingy little girl.  I swore I would never be that girl but here I am  being what I said I wouldn’t. ugh!

“ well we don’t want to leave but you have work, which by the way we need to discuss, and we have errands to run. “ Britton states matter of factly .

“ true and what do you mean we need to discuss my job . I am not quitting . ” I say with annoyance in my voice as I step away from them and cross my arms over my chest and stare at them.

“ like I said just discuss, at a later time . “  britton said . if either of them think they will control me they are sadly mistaken . I have worked too hard and have too much time and money invested into my career and I refuse to give it up.

“I  will see you later love . be safe and call either of us if you need us . “ Estelle says as she hugs me close to her and kisses me on the forehead. She steps away and gets in the drivers seat of the car. Britton comes up to me

“ see you later babe . please please  be safe . do you want me to pick you up after work ?”

“ no. I don’t want to put you out .” I say shaking my head

“ are you kidding me ?  I want to see you . in fact why don’t you stay with us tonite?”

“ I don’t know “ my mouth says of its own accord . but what I really want to do is shout yes.  He pulls me closer and whispers in my ear

“ we can always continue what we couldn’t in your room” and then he gently nibbles my neck . my breath hitches and heat starts to pool between my thighs. The pull I feel towards him is insane .

“ guys we have an audience” Estelle laughs sure enough and elderly couple is staring at us shaking their heads in disapproval.

“ fine I will come to your place . I have tomorrow off any way . I get off at 9:30 but maybe earlier” I state

“ ok . but babe, you will be getting off after 9:30 multiple times tonight” he whispered seductively to me . I blush so hard. He kisses me soundly the walks to his side of the car . I turn and walk back to my apartment .

Its going to be a long day. They just left and I miss them already.