Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Hi I’m Ellison Gaige Kennedy. I am 22 I live alone in an apartment with my cat nemo (he has a lucky paw with 6 toes) in Seattle WA. I am 5”8 and I’m curvy with red brown hair and I have 5 tattoos. On my right arm I have leopard print going from my shoulder blade over my collar bone and down my arm stopping at my elbow, half sleeve of different colored flowers on my left, a dream catcher on my left thigh and both feet one with an evil dead like cupcake and the other is a happy alive girly cupcake ha-ha. Because I’m a baker I thought cupcakes were a good idea ha-ha. I just graduated collage with my baking pastry arts degree. I work at a local restaurant as a pastry chef. I absolutely love my job. !.

It’s currently 3:30 p.m. on a Tuesday and I’m about to head to work after doing absolutely nothing all day except veg about in my bed. It’s a sunny day here in Seattle which is kind of rare so I grab my bike. I don’t own a car because traffic can be hell sometimes here and it’s easier to take public transportation or ride a bike. It takes about 15 mins to get there. I walk into  the building of my  work and clock in and go to the basement to get an apron and towels as I’m going up I trip over my feet , I look up only  to see my head chef laughing at me

“There is stairs there Ellison “he said as he’s laughing at my clumsiness

“Hahaha shut up” I say chuckling a little

We head upstairs and I start to prep my station, I’m on cold side tonight which is salads and desserts. For some reason I feel really giddy and kind of jumpy and I have no idea why. I finished prepping all of my stuff in 20 mins because there was not much to do.

“Ell we have a party of 30 that just walked in.”

I get all my plates and stuff ready at the head of my station that way when I have a rush of orders I can pull plates fast. Aside from salads and desserts I also call out the appetizers for the boys and I also help with the deep fryer if the boys are busy.  My screen pops up with 14 house salads. Oh man here we go.

“3 pot skins 1 basil fry and 2 bruschetta “I call the apps out to the boys

“Heard “Dax and will call at the same time to let me know they heard the order  

This dinner rush continued for 3 hours. Around 8 it died down a lot and we had a few customers here and there. At 8:30 I think thank god it’s almost time to go home! I started to clean up my station and wrap my left over ingredients since we closed at nine on the week days I help Dax, will and Jeremy clean up there stations as well , by wrapping up the ingredients and putting them in the walk in for tomorrows lunch crew . Once all of that was done I waited for the guys to scrub the line done, and took out the trash. Since the restaurant is right next to a bar it was really loud outside with all drunks outside actin a fool. My body started to hum a little. This is really weird. Why do I feel this way? Little did I know this feeling would contribute to my life changing?