Chapter Forty-Eight

In that cell was none other than Mary Sue, and she was in a state of insanity. Her hair was all messed up, and she wore nothing but a filthy, gray dress that reached to her knees. She only had dirty socks on her feet. No shoes. There was a bowl, ones that are used for dogs or cats, filled with water that was next to her, and there was even a collar around her neck. It was chained to the wall.

Mary Sue was lying on the cold, hard floor. She noticed the guard and sat up. She hissed as she talked.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? Sssssay..." She pointed a finger at him. "...you are not my regular guard. Not my sssssize at all."

"Haha. Very funny," the guard said sarcastically. "We guards change shifts. Precisely for you. Remember? We certainly do not need any of the guards, including myself, to get a heart attack every time that we see you." He got down on one knee.

She squealed and stomped her feet. "Ooh! Are you about to propose to me?"

"Uh, no. Not even close." He struggled at first, but finally managed to get the tray of food inside her cell. "Lunchtime for you." He got back up.

"Aw. That is too bad that you were not proposing to me. On the other hand, you are too old for me." She scooped some of the "food" with her hand and nibbled on it.

"You enjoy." He was about to walk away.

"Wait."

He came to a halt and turned his head back to her. "What is it? Not enough food? Well, I am sorry to break it to you, but that is all. All inmates receive that same amount of food during breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

Mary Sue opened her hand and let the "food" fall out and onto the tray. "Jeez. You are dumb. If you would stop with your chatting and listen to me, you would not have had to say all of that nonsense. Now...what I have to say has nothing to do with the food, but with...my freedom."

The guard snorted. "Well, forget about that. You will receive your freedom as soon as you are clear of being insane."

"But I am sane."

"No. You are insane."

Instead of getting upset, Mary Sue laughed. Though, her laugh was just as creepy.

"I did not realize how funny the guards here are. What joy!"

He rolled his eyes. "I do pray that you will be cleared. I really do."

She got on her knees and placed her palms on the floor. "Come here."

The guard did not know what to do. He knew how crazy - and dangerous - she was. However, if he did not do what she said, who knows what she would do? Yell? Throw a tantrum? Escape from the asylum?

He stepped up to the cell. "Yes?"

"Lean forward."

"Um..." He did so. "Now what?"

"Now...this!"

The guard had no time to get away. Mary Sue gripped his neck, wrapping her fingers around it, and forced his head through the bars. She then bit into his throat.

"Yesssss...you will make a fine coat!"

Told ya that she was the craziest!