Chapter Fourteen

Our four teachers and class were on the bus and heading to LaVein and and LaVon's land. We managed to fill up the bus, and that was thanks to me, my gang, and our classmates.

In the bus driver's seat was Mr. June. Our regular bus driver, Paul Robinson, was unavailable to accompany us to the field trip. He was already on a field trip of his own. The Camp Forgotten trip that is held every year. Luckily for us, Mr. June is the only teacher in our school who knows how to drive a bus.

Mr. Harry and Mrs. Burtmon were in the seat that was right behind Mr. June's, and across from them sat Ms. Taffy and Jane. Jane was discussing with Ms. Taffy about future lessons to teach.

Jim and Sue were sitting behind Mr. Harry and Mrs. Burtmon, and unfortunately for me, Jenny and I were sitting behind Ms. Taffy and Jane. Do not even ask me how Jenny and I ended up next to each other. It is a mystery to me to this very day!

"Say, where is Billy?" Sue asked. She was by the window. "He was looking forward to this."

"He is in the seat behind me and Tim," Jenny informed her. She was also sitting by the window. "He is being attacked by a girl who has a major crush on him."

"Help! Help me!" Billy cried as he leaped out of his seat and gripped mine and Jenny's.

I was surprised that none of the teachers could hear his pleas.

"How could you guys do this to me? Making me sit with a crazy girl who is out to get my blood!"

"You are the lucky one," I said, trying to reassure him. "It is obvious that girl is better than Jenny."

Jenny's entire face turned completely red, and she was clenching with tight fists. "Excuse me?!"

"You are a bully. You bully everyone, and it is not right at all."

She grasped one of my shoulders. "You take that back!"

"You are afraid of the truth. Just like those real worlders."

What was I saying? Was I wanting to get slugged?

"I am nothing like them! May I remind you that Ash created me to be a bully. If you should be mad at anyone, it should be her! I am only being what she created me to be!"

I jerked away from her. "She was in sixth grade when she thought of us. We were the very first, along with Lean Share."

"Billy!" the girl who was sharing the same seat as him shouted at the top of her lungs. "My love! Let us kiss!" She grabbed him and pulled him back down.

"Ah!" Billy cried. "Remember me!"

"You want us to attend your funeral?" Jim joked.

"Jenny, you have to realize that Ash has changed for the better," Sue told her. "She is not bound to society. If she can change, so can you."

"You think that I do not like how she is now?" Jenny questioned. "I love her because not only is she our writer, practically our mother, but she loves us and treats us like real people."

"We are real," Jim reminded us. "We are just better than the real worlders."

Jenny snorted. "I cannot believe that in real life, Ash has to deal with their kind. It should have been us who are real. Not those darn real worlders."

Sue looked out the window and played with her hair. "But...if we were the actual real worlders, would we behave like them? Mean and unfair and just plain evil?"

Jim and I glanced at each other.

"I...I do not know," I confessed, not having a clear and right answer.

"Maybe...maybe it is good that we are fictional," Jim stated. "In no way would I want to act like a real worlder."

I slowly nodded. "Amen to that."

The bus shifted off the main road and onto a gravel road. We were now on LaVein and LaVon's land. Their grounds are completely made up of gravel, and the land is enormous. There is a mansion that is green and decorated with pure gold. There is also a red barn a few inches behind the mansion. LaVein and LaVon own cows, pigs, and chickens. And my gang and I knew that before we even arrived.

How?

You see, Jane, Jim, Sue, Billy, Jenny, and I are best friends with LaVein and LaVon. Our writer introduced them to us when they were first created. They are extremely rich and needy, but are also extremely nice and trustworthy.

Want me to blow your mind?

Remember at the beginning when I mentioned that my gang and I do not have parents? That is because our writer never thought of official parents for us. Our "parents" were never - and still are not - the center of attention like we are, so she decided to not bother with them. That is also why she took us in, and let me say that she is an excellent leader.

Who needs a mother and father when you have her?

There are two types of fictional characters in this fictional world. Main characters and characters whom you should not be bothered with. Main characters, like us, have names and are described what we look like. Characters who are tossed to the side are neither named nor described. These characters are not fully real. They are real, but not actually there.

This means that our classes do not exist. Not even the girl who is covering Billy with kisses. The cows and pigs and chickens are not real either. They are fillers.

Told ya that I would blow your mind!

"Here is the plan," Jenny whispered. "We need to sneak into the mansion and find evidence that Ash did not commit a crime. The most useful evidence are videotapes of what Ash was doing at the time of the explosions. Got it?"