Chapter Forty-Five

George's monster eyes widened, and he blinked, seeing one of the most powerful villains, which was Ava herself. "Ava?" he said. "The heck are you doing here?"

Ava tossed her long hair back and squinted. "Stopping you."

"What? Why? It is them whom you should fight with." He motioned to Ash and everybody else who was in the courtroom. "Not me. We are on the same side."

A smile spread across the female villain's face, and she giggled. Giggled darkly. "You delusional fool. I am on nobody's side. Not even yours. I am Ava Campbell. I murdered many powerful fictional characters. So why should I be on a side?"

"Ava, l-listen to me. If you help me, I will help you. I promise."

"Mmm? You promise?"

"Absolutely. You have my word."

She tapped her foot against the floor and was deep in thought. But not for long. "Sorry. No deal."

Before George could react, Ava's eyes quickly changed to black and purple swirls, and black and purple liquid shot out from them and hit him. George shrieked like a monster would and stumbled back. He groaned, rubbing the spot where she had shot him, and then growled.

"You will pay for that, missy!"

Ava was wearing her regular clothes. Her red shirt, black pants, and black flats. The only clothing that she had on that she normally would not wear was a dark purple cape with a hood attached.

She raised herself into the air and clasped her hands together. She then said some words that I was unfamiliar with. It could have been a specific spell.

"Ze en mon..." She pulled her hands away from each other, and a small ball of black and purple formed. "...chon mon ket..." The ball got bigger and bigger. "...me ah la chev!"

The ball was now as big as George's monster head, and she pushed out her hands and arms. As if she had pushed it, even though that she never came into contact with it, the ball shot out and slammed into the monster's large stomach, causing him to fly back and hit the hard floor.

"Yow!"

Ava's eyes returned to normal, and she landed on top of his soft and squishy stomach. "I will not be paying for anything. And sorry that I will not be taking your offer. Oh, wait. I am not sorry. I am never sorry! Hahaha!"

Cal jumped up and down and had on the biggest smile. He waved his hands and arms in the air. "Mommy! Mommy, it is me! Your son."

The female villain noticed him and stared at him for what felt like the longest time.

"Mommy, you can take me home. I can explain why I am not at home. You see, I was kidnapped—"

"For the last time, I did not kidnap you!" Cindy exclaimed, who was still in George's grasp. "I was saving you!" She tugged on his monster fingers, attempting to get free. Somebody get me out of here!"

"I am on it!" Caleb volunteered. He rushed up to her, grabbed ahold of one of the fingers, and pulled.

Well, tried to.

He grunted and breathed heavily. "I cannot..."

"It is okay, sweetie," Cindy told him. "Just be glad that he is not squeezing me to death."

"But...I must...free you..."

"Caleb, do not. You will hurt yourself. You are too weak."

Ava was eavesdropping on their conversation and laughed like a wicked witch. "I could not agree with you more on that. That he is super weak."

Caleb let go of the finger and teared up. "Cindy? You think that I am...t-too weak?"

Cindy's cheeks turned bright red. "N-no. I did not mean to phrase it like that. I—"

"This stops now!" George interrupted, lifting up his giant head. "It all ends here." He shot out a hand and successfully got ahold of Ava. He stood back up and opened up his other hand, letting Cindy fall.

Cindy screamed, but Caleb managed to catch her in time. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed all over his face. "My hero."

He blushed. "Uh, yeah. I am definitely your hero. Now...about the button..."

George shoved Ava against the wall and had his hand over her middle, making her unable to escape.

Ava squinted at him again. "You do not have to do this."

"Of course I do!"

"Getting rid of our writer will not solve anything. As a matter of fact, if you do happen to shut Ash out, we will cease to exist! That means no more fictional characters of any kind!"

"Ha! The great Ava. Who knew that she could be so blinded?"

"It is called being clever."

"Whatever! You are acting just like those goodies." He motioned back to us. "They are good. But wait. You are bad. Good is not in your department."

She clicked her tongue and did not seem intimidated. "You know, you are proving to everyone in this room, including our fellow fans, just how much of an idiot you truly are."

"Hmm." He grinned. "Maybe I should prove that I am not an idiot...by destroying Ava Campbell!"

"No!"

We all faced to who said that.

It was Ash. Her hair was dancing around, and she had her arms raised in the air. A ball that was similar to Ava's, only smaller, was floating a few inches above her hands.

"You will not destroy Ava Campbell," Ash protested. "I will not let you destroy anybody! And besides, fictional characters cannot wipe out other fictional characters. Only real worlders do that." She jumped up and shot out the ball, and the ball hit George's side.

"Ah!" George howled.

He staggered, accidentally freeing Ava, and Ava floated in front of him.

"Timeout," she said.

She put a hand on his chest, and black and purple formed from his chest and spread all over him.

Until he was nothing but a black and purple statue.