She sought his gaze and found him already observing her.  As usual, she couldn't figure out what he was thinking. Although he had such an expressive face, his eyes were often inscrutable, masking what he really felt. Conscious of the fact she had just gotten out of bed and haven't even had the chance to brush her teeth nor hair, she brought a hand up to her head, running her fingers through the strands.

Crinkling at the corners, his eyes followed her movements. "I'm glad, but I have to disappoint you. I only made the tea. I bought the congee from the restaurant around the corner on my way back from running."

He'd already been out and about? She had barely slept for six hours. Did the man not sleep? Eating another spoonful, Yingyue scrutinized his appearance. There were dark circles under his eyes. Come to think of it, he looked a little tired, but even that didn't make him any less attractive. How could he when he was wearing a form-fitting running jacket that accentuated the muscles in his arms and the flatness of his stomach?

Quickly swallowing her food, Yingyue glanced away. The way her thoughts were going, she was bound to choke. And what kind of fool choked on gruel?

The horny kind.

Damn, that vile thing was back in her head again.

She dropped her spoon back into the tray with a clatter.

Jihoon's eyes widened. "Are you really disappointed I didn't cook for you? I can try making something later, but I don't think you'll want to eat charred black rice. I've tried it once. Honestly not a good idea."

"What are you talking about?" She'd lost track of the conversation.

"You." With his thumb, Jihoon smoothened the furrows between her brows. "You looked upset after hearing I bought the porridge."

"Oh! No, not at all." That slight touch, though barely lasting a second, incinerated her brain cells. Yingyue froze. She'd been sucked into a time bubble where fireworks blasted 24/7 and flowers bloomed forever.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jihoon tapped her shoulder.

Yingyue jumped at the contact, then cursed herself for being so obvious with her reactions. It was his fault. She glared. Why was he so touchy? More importantly, why did she like it so much?

Curse her perverted brain!

"Ah!" As if stung, he withdrew his hand. "I'm being weird again, aren't I? I shouldn't have touched you without permission. I'm sorry. I did it yesterday, too."

Yesterday? What did he mean by that?

"I might have made you uncomfortable," Jihoon continued, guilt shaping his features. "It's just that for some strange reason, I feel very much at ease with you. I sometimes forget that we've only known each other for a couple of days and take my teasing a bit too far or act too close. Please, next time I say or do anything stupid, let me know."

He got it all wrong. If only Jihoon knew the thoughts running through her head. She was the one who deserved to be called out. "No, you don't have to apologize. I don't remember you going too far. In fact, I enjoy bantering with you."

"So last night, you weren't trying to kick me out because I made you feel uncomfortable?"

"Kick you out? Oh!" In her eagerness to stop him from seeing how much he affected her, she might have inadvertently sent him the wrong message. "No! That wasn't it. I... I was just really sleepy. Nothing to do with you."

Yes, totally nothing to do him, her evil alter ego snickered.

He let out an exaggerated sigh of relief. "I see. That's great. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know you shouldn't worry about me ever crossing the line. I have no other agenda but to help you."