CHAPTER 31: TRYING TO TAKE IT ALL IN

"Varun, it's all coming back, all over again." Riaana cried as soon as she woke up.

"Riaana, listen to me, pl-"

"No Varun, I can't go through all of it again. I'm tired of my life. I just want to die."

"Riaana-"

"I can't take this anymore" She cried out loud. "I can't."

"Riaana, look at me. Once." He said holding her by her shoulders.

She calmed down but he knew that it would be just for a moment.

"Reyaansh is alive." He said. "So is Aarunya."

"Varun, please stop. Please. Why are you doing this to me." She said pushing his hands off her shoulders and throwing everything around her.

"Riaana, I promise, I'm not lying. They're really alive." Varun said, his tone higher than usual.

"Varun!" Riaana screamed at him.

"Believe it or not, it's true. They're both here. If you want to meet them, they'll come in. Otherwise, I'll just send them away." Varun said.

"They're going to go away.. again.."

"They won't, I promise."

"Should I call them in ?" He asked her and she nodded.

"Promise me that you'll try to stay calm and not hurt yourself ?"

She simply nodded.

"Rey, Aarunya!" He called out turning towards the door.

They slowly stepped in, hopeful that Riaana doesn't get hyper, like she did the last time.

"Riaana.." Reyaansh softly called out making Riaana break down into tears.

"Why did you come back?!" Riaana screamed at him holding is collar.

"I'm sorry." Reyaansh said pulling her into a hug.

She stayed in his embrace, crying her heart out.

"Riaana.." He called out.

"Don't talk to me. I hate you." She said pushing him back.

"Why did you leave me ? I know you were angry but you didn't have to leave me. You should've screamed at me but why did you have to leave me." She questioned him, holding him by his collar.

"Trust me, I didn't want to. The moment I woke up after the accident, I wanted to come straight to you, but I couldn't. Had I known what you've made out of yourself, I wouldn't have cared about any repercussions and would've come to you. I'm sorry." He said, gently placing his palms on her cheeks.

"Don't ever leave me again, please." She cried out.

"I promise I won't, Ri."

"I'll kill you, Aarunya, if you ever even think of leaving me again." Riaana looked up at Aarunya and said.

"I'm sorry for screaming at you."

"It's okay. I'm sorry, I should've been here." Riaana said as they both hugged.

"How are you both alive? I mean, here?!" She asked pulling out of the hug.

"When we met with the accident, our car fell off a cliff but we survived. Dadi found us but she also figured out someone tried to kill us and that's why she kept us somewhere else. I was in coma until a month ago." Reyaansh explained.

"How are you now?" Riaana asked him, placing her hand on his cheek.

"I'm perfectly fine, Ri." He answered. "But it's you I'm worried about."