CHAPTER 17 : SHE KISSED HIM

"

"

Good morning, Reyaansh." I said placing the coffee mugs on the side table.

"Good morning." He said lazily, still in bed with his eyes closed.

A few seconds passed before he jumped out of bed and stood in front of me.

"You're actually here ?" He asked placing his hand on my arm.

"Of course I'm here."

"So you were there last night as well ?"

"Yeah."

"Oh.." He said. "Thank you for coming down to Rathoregarh for me."

He stared at his hands, probably not able to meet my eyes.

"Reyaansh." I called out. "Look at me."

He slowly looked up. I took a step forward, placed my palm on his cheek pulling him closer and kissed him.

Damn ! Yes, I kissed him. He was clearly taken aback. He hadn't expected it.

Pulling out, I touched our foreheads together.

"It's okay. You can let it out. I want to be there for you, just like you were there for me."

He pulled back and held my wrist.

"Come with me." He said turning around and leading me out of the room.

He led to the other end of the floor and took me into a dark room. He turned on the lights revealing a room full of photographs, toys and clothes along with a bed in the middle of the room.

"Reyaansh, this -"

"This was my room. Mine and Varun's, before Mamma and Dad..." He said turning his back towards me. "..met with that accident."

I walked closer towards a wall with the photographs of a mother and son. It was Reyaansh and his mom. Princess Amyra. She was so beautiful.

"You don't need to tell me if you don't want to." I said still looking at one of the pictures.

I could hear him taking a deep breath.
I turned around to look at him, waiting for him to say something.

" I need to tell someone everything. It's just I've had no one to talk to about it. Of course, Dadi Maa, Hamsini and others were there but, I guess, I needed you. " He said turning around to face me.

"She's Mamma. My mom. Princess Amyra. She was the princess of Anandraj, a small country a few hours away. Even though she had been a Princess all her life, she spent a very normal life." He told me as he looked at one of their pictures.

"Of course, she was in the media's scrutiny but that never stopped her from doing what she wants. She was a rebel, in a good way. She would take Varun, Hamsini and I to Domino's and restraunts just like any other mother would."