CHAPTER 25: WHY WOULD YOU ?

Why would you do this to me, Reyaansh ? Why would you do this to me, Aarunya ?

Why would you come here and then disappear into thin air. You're making it really hard for me.

The doctor told me that I have clinical depression and that's why I've been seeing you.

Although I know why I've been seeing you, I still feel like you're right there, waiting for me to come and hug you.

The hallucinations seem very real and I end up panicking. Look what you've done to me, Reyaansh.

Aarunya, that day, when I said I didn't want you in my life, I didn't mean it. I promise I didn't.

I cannot live without you and Reyaansh. Please come back.

...

I walked into Mamma's and Reyaansh's dad's old room when I saw the door was open.

Varun was crouched up in one corner staring at family picture that was atleast fifteen years old.

I went and sat down beside him.

"It hurts." He said, tearing up and so did I.

"It does. Pretty bad."

"Did she have to leave me, just like mom did ?" He asked looking at me.

"She didn't but she's just taking her revenge and so is Reyaansh."

"She's very good at it."

"Varun, why us ?" I said, making both of us burst into tears.

"We're leading such similar lives. Both of us almost grew up without parents. We had someone love us, like no one else could. We kept denying their love and now when we want them to come, they've left us forever."

"They're very bad. Both of them." Varun replied crying his lungs out.

We hugged each other, tight. Only both us could understand what we were going through.

"Mom always  told Rey to take care of me. He always did. It was I who failed to take care of him. I let him go." He said looking at Reyaansh's picture.

"I guess both of us failed. We failed to understand them. You failed to understand Rey as a brother and I, as a girlfriend. You failed to understand Aarunya as a boyfriend and I, as a best friend." I said.

"We were so selfish, weren't we ?"

"We were. They both were selfless, never thought about themselves."

"Varun, can I ask you something ?" I asked him.

"Hmm ?" He replied, still staring at the picture infront of him.