CHAPTER 19: THEY'RE GONE

"Aaryan, what's causing the delay ?" I asked him as I waited inside the private jet

They had me switch into a private jet at the layover and I have no clue why. Infact, I hadn't even informed anyone back in Rathoregarh or Jaigarh that I'm coming.

"Ma'am, someone had to meet you." He said. "She's here."

Aaryan left the room closing the door behind him, leaving her and me alone in the room.

It was the royal stylist who had come to meet me. I was supposed to be having a royal dresser but I denied since I thought I didn't need one.

"Ma'am, I'm Karen, The royal stylist." She told me what I already knew. She was Aarunya's stylist.

The royals insist having a stylist so as to have our outfits for royal engagements perfect.

"You have to change." She told me placing a bag on the table.

"Change ? But why ? I thought I was dressed modest enough." I said taking a look at my clothes.

I was dressed in modest clothes. A denim, paired with a blazer and shirt. What more ?

She pulled out a white Indian attire from the bad and laid it on the bed.

"Why do I need to wear this ?" I asked her.

I was very confused. I never saw Aarunya, Hamsini or anyone wearing Indian attires except for weddings or festivals.

"You have a royal engagement to attend, Ma'am." She informed me.

A royal engagement ? But I was informed of none. I don't even know what's happening.

"Wait a minute. Let me call Aarunya and speak to her." I said pulling out my mobile and ringing up Aarunya.

Her mobile was switched off and so I dialed Rihaan.

"Rihaan, what's with this unplanned royal engagement ?" I asked as soon as he answered the call.

"Riaana, it's an important engagement. Just do as you're told and come over." Rihaan said.

Something isn't right. Why is everyone behaving weirdly ? I don't get it.

Bad vibes. I don't want to think about it but it doesn't go away. Nevertheless, I do as I'm told.

As my car drove through the streets, the streets were guarded by cops. Again, it's weird because this isn't how it is usually.

They drove me to the helipad and from there, to the Rathoreghar palace.

The royal engagement was probably at the Rathoreghar palace but no one told me anything about it.

I was recieved by Rihaan's personal secretary and a few other royal assistants who were all dressed in white.

For some reason, my heart started beating very fast. It felt as if something was wrong, very wrong.