Chapter 88- The training starts! Two years get stronger!

A day passed since the funeral as Juli was sailing on board of her father's ship, still waiting for some news regarding her brother. She was worried sick already, wondering if he even survived and started to blame herself when luckily, the so desperately awaited message arrived.

She was sitting on the lunch table, eating some fried yummy vegetables while laughing about a joke Roo told, when Shanks suddenly burst into the room excitedly.

"JULI, YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!" He shouted with an excited smile and stormed towards her.

"What is it?" Juli blinked up to her father in surprise before he softly threw a newspaper in her lap.

"Look at the front page! It's Luffy, he's alright!" He beamed relieved and brightly at her, knowing she had been worrying about him all the time.

Juli's eyes widened and she quickly brought the newspaper closer to her face so she could read it. Her hands trembled slightly and she smiled in relief and shook her head fondly. "Lu… He's alright. But why was he so foolish to go back to Marineford and ring the Ox-Bell?... That makes no sense… There has to be a meaning behind this or something." She frowned in concentration and studied the photo of her brother seriously. He was quiet bandaged up and had taken his Strawhat off in respect and held it in front of his chest. A writing of some sorts was on his right arm….. She hummed thoughtfully and studied the writing closer. It said: 3 D which was crossed out and beneath it stood 2 Y.

Shanks shrugged while drinking some sake. "It seems like there should be a message behind this. But I have no idea. I'm just glad the anchor seems to be alright and kicking again."

Juli ignored her father's rambling and leaned back thoughtfully. "3 D crossed out and 2 Y instead of that huh? That much I already figured out. But what does he want to tell us with this…."

Ben raised an eyebrow at that and frowned. "3 D huh…. Didn't you say you wanted to originally meet up in three days? Maybe he means 3 D and crossed it out because you all weren't able to make it back in time."

Juli's eyes widened at that. "That's it! You're right Uncle Bennie! 3 D stands for the three days we wanted to meet up, and they were up, so it's crossed out. And that means….. 2 Y is two years. We will meet up again on the Sabaody Archipelago in two years!"

Shanks eyes widened as well before he smiled. "Ah, I see what he did there. That's pretty smart of him. A message only his crew members would know the meaning of. But two years is a pretty long time for meeting up again. He wants to train and become stronger, huh?"

Juli looked softly back to the photography before she smiled determined. "I think Lu might have realized it's too early for us for the New World. So, he told us to meet up in two years so we all can become stronger and grow!"

Shanks nodded with a small smile. "Wise choice of him."

Ben smirked in agreement. "Indeed. Only a true Captain could pause his journey like this to make sure everyone is strong enough and prepared for the harsh reality of the New World."

Juli smiled cheerily at that. "I guess that means you will have to train me, dad."

Shanks smiled and laid his arm around her shoulder. "Well, of course! I will show you some amazing techniques. Also, it might sound selfish but I'm glad I can spend some more time with you."