Chapter 68- Juli's strong will to save her nakama!

Zoro gritted his teeth utterly worried and narrowed his eyes at Juli. "What are you doing?! Don't interrupt my fight! You can't just jump between-"

"Zoro." Juli interrupted him calmly and turned around to him with a serious look in her turquoise eyes. "I'm sorry, but this doesn't really look like a fight to me anymore."

Zoro just clenched his fist at that. Something like this to happen was the last thing he had wanted. "But still-" He tried to insist and get Juli out of this dangerous situation, but suddenly, Juli appeared behind him. "Wha?!" He shouted surprised.

"I apologize for that." Juli told him with a sad smile before she hit the back of his neck with her closed fan.

Zoro's eyes widened at that in shock. "J-Juli... you..." He got out, now being really close to pass out.

Juli caught Zoro before he could fall to the ground. She looked at the green-haired man sadly, who was trying desperately to stay conscious. "I'm sorry Zoro... But I can't just let you sacrifice your life, you already did enough. The crew needs their first mate. Continue to live on, Zoro." She whispered to him.

"Y-You can't...serious... Luffy...needs....sister..." Zoro was able to mutter out before his mind fully gave in to the blackness and he fell unconscious.

Juli looked at him utterly sadly and laid him carefully down on the ground before she took a deep breath and straightened herself, her hand still resting on her hurting stomach but other than that, her posture spoke of pure determination and seriousness. She smiled softly up to the indifferent Kuma, who she could feel that he was surprised by the changes of events. "I'm sorry to interrupt your negotiation with Zoro like this, Bartholomew Kuma. I don't believe we met before." She bowed her head slightly to the Shichibukai. "I'm Kurama Juli, it's really nice to meet you, Kuma-san." Juli introduced herself politely and then smiled warmly up to Kuma.

Kuma just studied her emotionless, but Juli could tell he was thinking about something. "Good to meet you as well, Juli-hime." He finally answered her after a minute had passed and he nodded politely.

Juli's smile widened a slight bit, despite the grave situation she was in, she got the gut feeling that Kuma is not as bad as everyone thinks about him. And she would make sure to figure it out. "Just Juli is enough, Kuma-san. After all...my island was destroyed. But anyway, I believe you have a question, Kuma-san. Just ask away."

Kuma just stared at her impassively for a moment before his expression changed to just a slight intrigued one. "Why?"

Juli blinked at that in confusion and titled her head cutely. "Why what?"

"Why did you take the hit for Roronoa Zoro?" He asked her seriously.

Juli smiled really softly at that and looked back to the unconscious Zoro as well as to Luffy and her other nakama. "...Because I love these guys." Her expression grew really soft. "And because they all have a pure heart. Something that's almost impossible to find these days." She looked back to Kuma with a small smile.

"....I see." The Shichibukai said calmly and emotionless, but Juli could feel once again that he was thinking about something.

But Juli just bit on her lip this time and her expression grew utterly serious. She looked with determined gleaming eyes up to Kuma. "I once again apologize for interrupting whatever negotiations you had finished with Zoro. But I couldn't let this idiot sacrifice himself... However, I can give you a better deal. If you promise not to harm nor capture any of the Strawhats, I will come with you to the marines willingly, Kuma-san." Her eyes darkened a slight bit and her expression grew grimmer at the next part she was going to tell him. "And I promise to only use the Engeru pasu powers for the World Government. I owe to become the powerful tool they want if you give this crew a chance to continue their journey." She declared utterly determined.