Chatper 13

Chapter 13

9 Days 'til wedding.

Song for the chapter: It Will Rain - Bruno Mars

Ta da! Will upload and finish this story soon! Love you all

-Cherry

Tohru

_________________________________________________________

It happened like any other Tuesday. Well it would've...Kyo and I get up and get ready for work- grab some tea before we leave and we drive there. I was just leaving the house with Kyo until the phone rang. Kyo put his hand up before jogging to the phone and picking it up.

"Hello, Sohma residence." Kyo answered. He was quiet. I paced through the kitchen before seeing Kyo's face. His eyes a lighter color and his hands clenched in fists. He gave the wall a cold hard look. Before muttering a thank you and good bye. I stood there patiently before he sighed and gazed upon me.

"We need to go to the hospital- now." He stated before tugging me into the care confused. As he started the car I asked him questions.

"Not now Tohru-" He slammed the stirring wheel before cussing.

"wait until we get there." He replied in a cold manor. I obeyed staying silent the whole ride.

We finally pulled up to the hospital entrance. We got out of the car; Kyo leading the way to the emergency room. What the-

We entered the white walls and the red carpeted room. Kyo rushed to the front desk before saying our names. The lady at the front desk nodded. She had a short brown bun and pale blue eyes. She looked serious all of a sudden when we mentioned our names

"Go to the doors you see over there-" She instructed pointing with her black pen to a door entrance.

"and the doctor is there waiting. Please stay quiet and make sure to knock." She finished before waving us off. We nodded before walking to the door. Kyo knocked and an older man with gray hair and a white lab coat opened the door.

"Kyo Shoma and Tohru Honda." We said. He nodded before showing us in.

He allowed us to sit on the far corner. That was until I saw who was on the bed.

"Momiji!" I yelled lunching to the bed. Kyo forcefully grabbed me- I gazed upon his shattered body. The beeping meter over his head showing a slow but moving heart beat. His body was bruised, burned and damaged terribly. Momiji... My eyes swelled in tears. Kyo sat me down as I sat there in shock at Momiji's body. The doctor cleared his throat before Kyo turned to look at him.

"He was hit by a car Ms. Honda; the lady driver is in another room also in treatment and is also with the police. He has a broken rib, a broken arm and a leg. He also has some bruises and had an over flow of blood on his head. Luckily there was no blood clot." He assured us speaking in a loud, clear voice. Kyo nodded as I kept starring at Momiji; Kyo held my hand and I squeezed it.

"Hatori came here earlier-" I finally looked up at the tall doctor. He paused before fixing his spectacles.

"He told me everything about the zodiac and everything important to these medical conditions. I must tell you both and warn you that the curse... is not yet broken." Kyo's and my eyes  locked with each other scared, shocked, speechless. We sat there for a few minutes before I spoke. I licked my lips finding my voice.

"W-what do you mean?" He sighed sitting in front of us starring at us both.

"He has shown signs of possible take over of Diabolus, apparently the balance with Akito as 'god' and with Diabolus it is uneven. Therefore the first sittings of those who went to human from the zodiac go first. It is also because of something that Hatori and I are still working on to see what is happening."

"The problem is- if you are found as your zodiac animal; you may stay like that forever." He finished cooly before standing and giving us a few minutes. I stared at Momiji before standing up and walking to him. I tore of thee sheet that was covering him. My eyes widened before seeing fur on his hands.

for·ev·er/fəˈrevər/

Adverb: For all future time; for always. A very long time (used hyperbolically).

Synonyms: evermore - eternally - for ever - always - for good

_________________________________________________________________________________

The doctor walked in giving each of us five minutes to talk to Momiji. I nodded sitting next to Momiji.

His eye cracked open- those small glistening brown eyes now shattered and pale. I offered him a soft smile; which ended more like a straight line.

"Tohru?" I put my finger over his mouth.

"Shh, don't speak your already in pain." He rolled his eyes before looking at me again.

"Tohru, I'm fine the Doc said so." Did he know?

"Momiji-" I started before he stopped me.

"No Tohru wait I need to say something." I nodded before listening.

"I know you are trying to help me by finding love with another which is great and all but... I have always felt happier and myself around someone. What I say is: the person who makes you feel like life is worth it; is who you should be with the rest of your life. Tohru that you..." He whispered. My eyes widened. I held back the tears and my gasp, I was so shocked. What do I do? What do I say?

"Momiji, your gonna turn a rabbit and possibly stay that way forever!" I blurted out- not knowing what to say before his face fell, and his entire world came crashing down.