Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Tohru

_______________________________________________

The date was set for Sunday for our wedding, I was super excited for this wedding where there will be no interruptions or objections. I went all out with setting up the décor for the church, the bridesmaid dresses, the invites, because I really treasured how important this would be. I sat in my study looking over the plans one more time. The altar would look so lovely with tulips-

Knock, Knock, Knock!

I stacked the papers together, before brushing off eraser shavings on my skirt. I scurried to the front door, pausing before opening the door while staring at my socks.

"H-hey Tohru." I looked up to see Momiji smiling at me.

"Good afternoon Momiji," I replied back smiling. I motioned him inside to my study, I leaned back on my office chair as I took my hot tea cup to sip.

"What brings you here?" I asked finally after he continued staring, I felt a bit uncomfortable.

"I wanted to apologize and explain myself," he began before pulling out one of my wooden stools and sat, facing me. I nodded placing my tea cup down and straightening my back.

"When you announced you were leaving with Kyo to start a new life, I lost it and realized that more than anything I wanted you in my life. I needed a way to find and prove to you I was better.The day I found out you were engaged I was desperate, so I looked up one of Ritzu's [monkey] kooky witchcraft books. My anger and frustration grew and the devil knows how to find desperate souls.

"The deal was to get you back but, he never told me his price. He just wanted to feel whole again by seeing his past in us become his "perfect ending." It was a painful and dark process it seemed like he was my body but I was my soul and I couldn't control him the entire time or be conscious on what I was doing. I can't stress to Machi enough how horrible I feel for doing the unthinkable. I hurt you, my friends and my family and I can't take their memories away but I can try to heal their wounds."

I smiled at Momiji the once small fragile blonde who now grew up and learned from his mistakes, it's like seeing a younger brother grow up, if I had one. I hugged him, catching him off guard. I squeezed him as I whispered, "You are forgiven, and I do love you as a family member and friend. You may have done some scary, risky business with the devil but you learned and you are good again," I told him as I sat up and took a tissue so he could wipe his face. I stood up as did he, and led him to the door.

"We better get some sleep, these next two days will be stressful," I told him as he nodded and hugged me once more.

"See you Sunday!" He hollered and I waved back at him.

Wedding Day

I balanced back and forth from my feet. I will no longer be Tohru Honda! I will finally be a Sohma! Machi ran up to me giggling and smiling, her cheeks were rosy and she held my veil.

"I am so happy for you-" she gushed placing the veil delicately on my head, "I can't wait to see Kyo's face when he sees you."

"Tohru!" Yuki called as he raced towards me. He paused at the sight of Machi, she started blushing before I politely asked, "Yes Yuki?"

"Oh yes, the ceremony is about to start Shigure is waiting for you." Yuki smiled before hugging me.

"Many blessings on your marriage," he whispered as Machi smiled at him before hugging me as well.

"God bless you both!"

I sighed, my nerves started kicking in. What if there is another interruption? What if someone died? What if someone is missing? What if Kyo is missing? What if the devil appears? What if Momiji-

I almost felt dizzy from all the stress I was overwhelmed with. I held a nearby table to steady me.

"Tohru?" Shigure asked as I saw him peering into the reception room.

"My, there are so many people in there..." He mumbled before finally looking at me. He was well dressed in a blue tuxedo with a nice navy blue bow tie because bow ties are cool. He had his black hair slicked back and his teeth looked extremely white.

"You look stunning, Kyo is truly a lucky man!" He winked as he held his arm out for me. I nodded to nervous to speak.

I looked out to the doors that stayed closed in front of me. I can do this, be confident. I scolded myself. Never had I realized how nervous one can get before getting married.

"Here we go again," I whispered. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I am ready.

This time, I really was ready for anything. I nodded at Shigure. I quickly patted down my dress.

The doors opened, the sun rays were shining through and my eyes were on Kyo. He grinned from ear to ear and I smiled back. I passed through my friends and my family (spiritually) as Shigure parted to let me face my soon-to-be-husband. Kyo's brown eyes sparkled and his hair was combed to the side. He had a better tuxedo than Shigure's and looked better in it.

Kyo and I continued staring into each other's eyes. I barley caught the priest beginning to speak until I blinked and came back to reality. We finally made our true love vow and I was kissed by the best man in the room my husband. Tohru Sohma, that is my name now. I am Tohru Shoma! We all had the case of smiling-to-everything-syndrome. I couldn't help be happy at everything. I hugged every guest and paused at a beautiful woman dressed in white whom I met so long ago.

"Congratulations, many blessings," she said before leaving the reception. The Shoma family came and ushered me and Kyo to take photos of the now united family. We ate and sang 'til dusk became day. I finally announced the throwing of the bouquet, I closed my eyes before tossing behind me the bouquet, I opened to see Arisa blushing furiously as she had the bouquet. If I blinked any moment after I would've missed the longing look Momiji and Arisa shared. Saki laughed patting Arisa on the back. I smiled running over to hug her. The wedding truly was a happy occasion.

And we lived happily ever after.

_______________________________________________________________________________

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I know that everyone must be furious and thinking mean thoughts about me leaving them before September... HIGHSCHOOL is asdfgh amazing and my life has changed so much since then. Book I recommend to read that I am currently reading: THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. I have had writers block and now I am in the DW fandom and Sherlock, Gossip girl, Once upon a time, Rise of the Brave Tangled Dragons fandom, it has sparked my inner writer. It has been awhile... I am rereading some of the chapters and man I rush things to fast, I almost find myself laughing at my story because I picture it but I must confuse a lot of people on what I am describing. THANK YOU ALL FOR STICKING WITH ME SO LONG. Writing is my passion and until it picked up by popular demand I wrote for fun and found this book sucky, guess not. I think this is a good ending unless we want to hear Machi & Yuki's wedding and possibly Momiji with . . . but none the less thank you for reading. I actually like this book because you see progressive growth with my thought process and style of writing as I grow up from 2011. I am probably going to inbox those who commented and personally thank and answer your questions BECAUSE we must stay connected! Maybe I should add some stuff to my Tumblr like Fruits Basket covers, trailers or gifs. If anyone is interested my blog is called CherryBlossom_Writer. I just looked at the first chapter and started screaming like 3,700 some reads and 59 votes! THANK YOU. You made a teenager happy. I love you all very much, thanks for commenting, voting, those private messages, conversations, strategies, criticism, over all the love to read my book. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt Fruits Basket should've continued and explained Tohru and Kyo's marriage and how Momiji's jealousy got the best of him. If you have a better ending please private message or inbox me and I'll be happy to read and or switch my ending, or add your ending! Have a lovely new year and I'll see you later!

xo

Cherry