Chapter 18

Chapter 18

_______________________________________________________

"Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage;

The which if you with patient ears attend,

What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend."

-Shakespeare

Romeo and Juliet

_________________________________________________________

Momiji Sohma

It was then I awoke from the deep sleep. I panted, feeling as if I had risen from the dead, white puffs of smoke came from my mouth. I felt cold as I rubbed my hands on my arms. Where is the woman who put me here? I looked around the dark area, light streamed from the bared window. My eyes widened as I turned to see bar doors. Am I in jail? I ran to the door shaking the bars to see if they would open.

They fell to the ground with a thump, I peered around taking in the abandoned jail. Cob webs hung in the air, the light came from different sides of cells with bared windows. I entered what I would expect to be the entrance. The door was fogged up while the computers looked decades old. I coughed some dust as I then froze hearing a noise. Foot steps. My heart beat became irregular. I ran as I pushed the door open. I saw the glistening moon and the city far below, the jail was far up from the city and nothing around circling large oak trees where around. I shivered as I continued running before I heard a voice... except it was in my head. Don't worry Momiji we will meet again.

I then knew that I was doomed. A question dawned on me, where is home?

***

I passed the railway tracks leading to a strange yet familiar road that I somehow knew. All that I could remember was Tohru gonna marry Kyo, and I was happy about it. My heart ached though, maybe I have a heart problem. I mean, isn't it's okay if you hurt a little knowing your own flesh and blood is gonna marry? I am not sure, it aches when I think of her... Tohru.

A car passed, splashing the old rain water poodles on my clothes. I sneezed. Great, another laundry load. Is today Monday? or Friday? The 27th or the 29th? I saw a woman with bright blond hair and blue dull eyes, selling flowers at the other side of the road.

"Excuse me miss," I shouted. I saw a car and my mind flashed  a painful memory that I couldn't quiet remember. Had I been hit by one once? Heaven knows. I ran across the now empty road.

"Miss, do you have the date?" I asked politely. She smiled a toothy grin before nodding her head.

"It be now seven thirty in the evening, 24th be the date and it's Tuesday of March." I thanked her before continuing the old road. Damn how did six days pass by so quickly without me recalling anything? I walked away in a daze, confused yet trusting my gut to follow the road. In front of me was a house that was small and surrounded by a forest just like the jail, I turned to look at the Mail box that had painted on it: Tohru & Kyo Sohma. My heart ached again. I clutched my chest as I wheezed a breath out. That's right Momiji suffer, let it all out. She will rescue you, and if you listen... you will rescue her. That same scary voice echoed in my head. I started yelling odd things in another language. Dark smoke arose around me as I finally yelled, " Enough!" The smoke, like glass, shattered away leaving me alone in the moon light as I heard a front door open and close.

"Momiji!" Yelled someone who I should know but I didn't. I had already been long gone.

_________________________________________________________

"Her heat beat has risen back to sixty beats per second, her blood pressure is positive and she seems to be returning to a stable state again," Concluded a male voice. Through my closed eye lids I could see light streaming, hurting my eyes. I peeked through seeing a blinding lamp light above me. I strained my hand to cover my eyes. Two white figures were immediately at my aid. The pulled back the ceiling lamp before hovering over me.

"Saki, are you alright?" A feminine voice asked. I nodded weakly, taking away the hand from my face.

"Tohru?" I asked blinking back to reality. The brunette who's face was covered in dried up tears smiled at me.

"Thank god you're alright," She said looking up to the ceiling. All I could remember was someone strapping me to a chair then told me I had to object to my friend's Wedding. The look on Tohru was pure horror and to know I have done that to Tohru, I don't even know what to say.

"Tohru, I am so sorry. It wasn't all my fault. I am sorry for objecting to your marriage, but someone told me to- the torturing. I tried not to but then they told me they had Yuki hostage so I knew both was terrible-" The look on Tohru's face was painful but I had to keep on.

"Saki... Yuki was at the wedding." My eyes widened, had I known this I would've never have agreed.

"What?"

"Yuki was at the wedding." I balled my hands into fists as I started shaking.

"Those bastards..." I began. Tohru lightly touched my forehead and gave me a hug.

"Calm down Saki, it's okay that's not the problem now..." Tohru sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked knowing something bad was about to come. Tears sprung in Tohru's eyes.

"A group of men came a took charging Kyo of not being 'fit enough' to marry a human girl. Momiji is gone I have no idea where he is and Akito and Arisa-san left to find your attackers," Tohru said out of breath. I waited two minutes to finally sink in what was going on.

1) Kyo, taken probably by the men who tied me up.

2) Momiji has been mysteriously missing

3) Akito and Arisa are probably gonna get themselves killed.

What a great way to wake up on Wednesday!

"The doctor said in a little bit I can take you to my house and Rin Is there with Haru so we may talk about what we're gonna do. " I nodded understanding oh there would be a lot of butt kicking with my name on it.