most incredible woman

Iris had gone to a hotel and stayed there for the night until she booked a flight back to California. She had called her mom and explained the situation to her. She cried her eyes out until she couldn't anymore. The memories of her past relationship were stuck in her head and there was no way for them to get out.

She laid on the bed staring at the tv, which was not turned on. Small water droplets were beginning to fall from the sky and land on the window. Everytime it rained, her seven year old self would tell her mom that the sky was sad and she wanted to find a way to make it happy again.

Her mind was all over the place. Joe was on her mind, but it only reminded her that they weren't together anymore, or at least that was what she thought. Being together with joe was an experience she had never felt with anyone else. She liked it. She liked the feeling of loving someone and them loving you back. But that didn't last long.

Iris got the energy to stand up from the bed and walk over to the door. She figured that a last minute McDonald's trip would make her feel better. She opened the door and saw the man she had on her mind for the past days.

"Oh, I didn't know ou were going out, I'll come back later." Joe said, his hand finding their way into his front pockets.

"No, it's alright. I was just hungry. Wanna come?" Iris offered. She certainly did not want to make things awkward or even start a fight in the middle of McDonald's. She wondered if she made the right choice by inviting him.

"Sure." Was all that joe said and together they walked to the nearest McDonald's. The walk was short, but joe kept trying to start a conversation and each time iris would find a way to end it.

After ordering, iris and joe found a table and sat in complete silence. That was until joe spoke up.

"I know I'm probably the last person you want to see, but I just think we need to talk about us..." joe trailed off.

"Theres still an us?" She raised an eyebrow.

"To me, there will always be an us. Iris, i know that it was rude of me to eavesdrop on your conversation, but once I heard marriage, I couldn't help it."

Iris nodded slowly. She looked over at her surroundings thinking that this was a bad idea and that she wasn't hungry anymore. Maybe she would make up a lie that she was feeling sick and joe would believe it? But joe was smart. He knew that she didn't want to talk.

"Don't you think it was going too fast? The relationship, I mean. For christ sake, we adopted a dog together and we weren't even together! And then you want to marry me right then and there!" Iris explained.

"That doesn't matter because I knew I was going to marry you." Joe whispered.

Their orders were placed in front of them by a teenage boy, who looked like he hated working there. "Enjoy your food." He mumbled.

Once the worker left, iris grabbed a fry and munched on it. "You knew you were going to marry me when I was looking like a complete drunken mess sitting outside alone on the steps?"

"If I'm being completely honest here, yes." Joe said.

"You are ridiculous." Iris took a bite out of her burger.

"Hey, no one was helping you and I wasn't going to leave you there. You could have hurt yourself. I'm glad I helped because it gave me the opportunity to meet the most incredible woman in the world."

Iris gasped. "You met debbie harry?"