drunk sad girls

Joe didn't know how he ended up at Lexi Anderson's house playing beer pong. It was almost one in the morning and he found out that his friends had ditched him even though he was the one who drove. Joe made his way through the crowd trying to make it to the door. As he barely made it out, a redheaded girl was crying on the steps of the house with a red cup in one hand.

Joe didn't know whether to leave her to cry or comfort her. "Uh, are you okay?" Joe tapped her on her shoulder.

The redhead turned around and dropped her cup. "No! I'm not okay! I'm very sad and lonely and cold."

Joe noticed that no one else was talking to her or at least offering her a jacket so he shrugged off his hoodie and put it around her shoulders. "Here, now you're at least not cold and lonely. Mind if I sit?"

The redhead nodded and joe sat down next to her. "I'm joseph, but you can call me joe." He introduced himself.

"I'm sad, but you could pretend I'm happy." Joe laughed at her response. "I think my name is iris like the song from the goo goo dolls?"

Joe nodded. They were getting somewhere. "That's progress, so iris, are you here alone?"

Iris shook her head rapidly. "No, my ugly friends heard that there was an ice cream truck a few blocks away and left me."

"Really? That's Interesting cause I could have sworn that it was a tack truck." Joe said with a grin.

Iris gasped dramatically. "Taco truck? Do you think they have tacos and ice cream? C'mon! We have to find it!" Iris tried to stand up, but in her drunken state, she almost fell down if it wasn't for joe, who caught her.

"Woah, I don't think you can find it if you can't even walk," joe sat her back down on the steps and adjusted the hoodie back on her shoulders. "Do you know where you live? I could take you home if you'd like."

"Really? How do I know you're not gonna kidnap me? You are thinking about that aren't you?" Iris poked his cheek repeatedly until joe caught her finger.

"I'm not gonna kidnap you, I promise. You seem like a nice girl even in the state you're in." Joe said.

"State? Like florida?" Iris asked with a giggle. "I live in New York, but my mom and dad moved because- wait I don't really know why they moved- anyways, now we're here in Atlanta."

"California." Joe corrected.

"That too." Iris pointed out.

Joe laughed and saw red and blue flashing lights approaching the house. "Oh god, okay. We need to leave right now." He grabbed iris' arm and put it around his shoulder and helped her walk. "Iris, I know you can't walk, but you might want to hurry up."

"My dad works for willy wonka." Iris randomly said.

Joe let out a groan and picked her up bridal style and walked fast towards his car. The police sirens were now on and joe could hear people screaming and saw them running in all different directions trying to avoid the police. He unlocked his car, opened the passenger seat and carefully put iris in it. He ran to the other side of the car and got in quickly. "Pretty lights. Don't you think joseph?" Iris asked and leaned against the glass window.

Joe started the car and looked over at iris, who was now falling asleep. "No ,no, no, no. Iris, don't fall asleep. Not yet. I don't know where you live."

"Candyland." Iris responded before fully closing her eyes.

"That doesn't make sense!" Joe said and started driving.

Iris let out a sigh and got herself comfortable. Joe out one hand on the steering wheel and the other was trying to get his phone out of his pocket. Once he successfully got it out, he asked siri to call his friend gwilym.

After the fourth ring, gwilym answered."where are you? Cops didn't get you?" Gwilym asked.

"No, but I have another problem." Joe said and looked over at iris. "How fast can you get to my house?"