stuff and thangs

"Whatcha doing?"

"Stuff and things."

It had been a good couple of weeks since joe told iris that he wanted to watch the walking dead with her. Iris squealed of joy, not only was she going to rewatch one of her favorite shows, but she would experience it all over with a real boyfriend and not her pillow.

"Are you making my-" joe started but iris cut him off.

"Favorite chocolate chip cookies with milk and red velvet cake with sprinkles on top? I think i am." Iris finished putting sprinkles on the cake and handed the plate to joe.

"Woman, you are one of a kind." Joe placed kisses all over her face until she pushed him away. Mandy barked at the couple and wagged her tail. "C'mon girl, you get your treats too."

The doorbell to iris' apartment ringed. "I'll get it." Iris responded and put the plate of cookies next to joe on the couch. She looked through the hole and saw Madison looking sad. Iris opened the door and Madison instantly went over to hug iris. "Are you okay? Did something happen to you?"

"I lost my job. My mom is sick. I can get a hold of my brother... everything is just going to shit." Madison cried.

"I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I'm sorry." Iris whispered. "Tell me what I can do to help. What can I do?"

"I just want your company. Is that okay?" Madison wiped away some tears.

"Sure, my boyfriend is here. I hope you don't mind that. He can be a little loud sometimes." Iris smiled warmly at Madison and let her in. Mandy saw the new person enter her home and went to say hello to her. "You remember my mandy, she loves company."

Madison smiled at the dog and bent down to pet her. "How could I forget such an adorable face?"

"And this is joe, my boyfriend." Iris introduced joe.

"Holy shit, you're john deacon!"

"He might be my long lost dad but I'm not sure."

An: i published a norman reedus fic because I love my adorable man child and he deserves all the love